CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 3, 2009

41 - Day Two

Okay, so I did, in fact, survive turning 41. It wasn't all that exciting but was filled with some wonderful surprises.

First, I was woken up at 5 a.m. by my husband who was in the throws of a migraine. I had to help him from the bed and in to a steamy shower because that is one of the only things that helps him. At 6:45 I got to walk out of the house and in to the pouring rain to drive Nick to work. But when I opened the door I was surprised by a bouquet of balloons and an incredibly sweet card from my friend Danette. That was so sweet that I almost didn't mind having to be up and out of the house that early.

I worked at MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) today in the toddler room. I spent three hours getting animal cracker drool on me but it was totally worth it because all of the kids must have sensed that it was my birthday and were extra snuggly with me. I love that.

I picked Nick up from work after running some errands and when we got home, there was a bouquet of flowers waiting for me and MORE balloons! I LOVE balloons! The flowers were from two brothers from my middle school writing class (Thank you Calvin, Dave and Dena!!) and the balloons were from my girl, Nani. Thank you! We went inside where we all (me, Nick & Michael) had lunch together and watched a couple of episodes of "How I Met Your Mother". I baked myself cupcakes (devils food with chocolate icing) and talked on the phone with friends, my great-aunt, my mom, and my sister.

Did anyone pick up on what family member did NOT call me today?

Frank and the boys took me out to dinner to the Outback and it was delicious! It's really one of my favorite places to go and the food is always good. I love me some steak for dinner that I don't have to cook! Yummy! We also stopped at Barnes and Noble because there were a couple of writer's magazines that I had wanted and they are a bit on the pricey side for such thin reading but Frank got them both for me.

I got over 100 birthday wishes on Facebook and all in all, I am feeling blessed. So far, I'm kind of loving being 41!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like you had a great birthday. i love getting balloons also. after a couple of days i usually release them into the wind. i watch until i can't see anything any longer.

hugz!

jenn said...

I'm so happy you got to go out to eat for your birthday. There is nothing better than food you love that you didn't have to cook.

A Lil Enchanted said...

Sounds like you had a very nice birthday. Outback... YUM... my favorite! Haven't been there in a few years though.

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

Mel said...

Happy Birthday Stace. Your age won't really matter. You still look young and lovely.;-)

Petula said...

Welcome to 41! Sorry I am late with my birthday wishes, but I hope you know that it isn't intentional. I've been late for everything lately. Every.single.thing.every.day. LOL

It sounds like you had a very nice birthday. How marvelous to receive so many flowers and balloons. I like to get those as well. I hope you have a wonderful, marvelous, superb 41st year. Here's to looking hot at 41 and loving it! Smooches and hugs.

Femmepower said...

Oh,what a birthday! Wish you more blessings, Stace! Yeehah!

Clairity said...

Happy Birthday, sounds like you had a wonderful day.

Frugal Vicki said...

Awww, I am sorry I missed your birthday! Happy Birthday! How fun to be surprised with so many balloons! Sounds like you have a sweetheart of a hubby. I really wish that 41 is the year that things start happening in the way you want them too! Seems like you have a great start to me!