CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Holiday Meme!

Holiday Meme

Ok, there's tons of memes out there. I found this one over at Lola's Diner (I love her!) who decided to create her own holiday meme. Here goes: 1. What is your favorite holiday show/animated show?
My all-time favorite movie is "Scrooged" with Bill Murray and my favorite animated holiday show is "A Charlie Brown Christmas".

2. What holiday character do you think you're most like?
Mary from "It's a Wonderful Life"

3.
What holiday character does your spouse think you're most like?
Mrs. Claus from "The Year Without a Santa Claus"

4.
Favorite Christmas/holiday song?
If I'm in a silly mood, it's the Chipmunk Christmas song. But normally, I get really cheery to Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You" - not traditional, I know.

5. Most hated Christmas/holiday song?
Blue Christmas - especially the Elvis version

6. If you have an all holiday music radio station when do you start listening to it? I don't have one and I wish to all that is Holy that they wouldn't start playing holiday music in November!

7.
If you have an all holiday music radio station do you love it or hate it?
Hate it!

8. Have you ever wrapped yourself as a Christmas present? Come on...you can tell!
Um...no

9.
Who is Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer's father?
I found two different answers to this one. Anyone know for sure?
10. Do you drive your neighborhood or one near you at night to look at other people's holiday decorations?
Yes, I do. Not as often as I'd like, but I do it.
11. When you see a heavily decorated house do you think, 'oh that's lovely'? Or do you think, 'oh criminy, that looks like Christmas threw up all over their lawn'?
Oh, I get all giddy and excited at first and then I think "Don't these people have anything else better to do with their time? and "I wonder what their electric bill must be like!


12. Are you counting the days to Christmas with excited anticipation or dread?
Dread. I'm too poor this year to really get excited.


13. When was the last time you had your photo taken with Santa? Did you sit on his lap? It was 1993 and I was selling Tupperware and I sat on Santa's lap at our holiday Christmas party. There's a Poloroid of it somewhere!

14.
Do you make a Christmas list for your spouse or significant other or do you rely on them to pick your gift(s) without a clue from you?
It varies from year to year. Sometimes I just shop for myself and let Frank put his name on the package but most years he goes out himself and shops.

15.
When do you put up your tree?
The second week of December.

16. Real or fake?
Real - every since our first Christmas together. I had a fake one growing up but when Frank and I moved in together we decided that we wanted a real tree.

17. When do you take your tree down?
After January 4th because that's Nick's birthday and we used to keep it up to keep it festive in the house for company - now he still enjoys having the tree up for his birthday.

18. Do you shop the day after Christmas sales? What do you shop for?
Not if I can help it. If the kids get gift cards, we'll go, but other than that, I am usually shopped out by then.

19. Is your work/office having a holiday party this year? Will you attend?
Being that I am unemployed (except for my penny-a-page-view gig at Examiner.com) the answer would have to be no.

20. Do you have your New Year's Eve Plans set yet?
No. We really don't ever do anything on New Year's anymore because whenever we try to plan something, things go horribly wrong. It's just safer to stay home and make our favorite snacks and chill out.

*Today's Examiner.com article is on How to Pay for College Seminar. You can read about it HERE. Thanks!*



1 comment:

Frugal Vicki said...

So, I have to tell you (and NO I AM NOT RACIST!) I hate Feliz Navidad. I worked in On the Border for a few years, and this song is so way overplayed it isn't funny I hate it!
Secondly, I totally forgot about scrooged. I will have to see if it is on on-demand.