CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 6, 2009

This and That...

My brain is all scattered today. I've got a lot on my mind...taxes, bills, birthday parties... I mean, it's a lot. So I'm going to give a very scattered writing today.

First up, an update on what I THOUGHT was going to be a fun thing. Not too long ago I posted about the Paperback Swap site and the SwapaDVD site. I LOVE the paperback swap. I get all of the books that I want, when I want them. The DVD swap, not so much. Actually, not even a little. When you type in the name of a movie that you want, it comes up. BUT you very rarely get the option to ORDER the movie. Normally it comes up as an add to wish list kind of thing. This is all fine and well except for the fact that most of the things that I want (and FYI, 9 out of 10 are not NEW releases) I end up being request number 33 out of 34! Then it tell you where in line you should be in two weeks - 31 in case you were wondering. So my request for season 3 of How I Met Your Mother should get to me some time around mid 2010. NOT what I was looking for at all. If you are looking for an older movie, you might have better luck. Like I love the movie "When Harry Met Sally". I have it on VHS and it's old and I want it on DVD. That I got fast. But some other older movies like Neil Simon's "The Goodbye Girl" I am request number 15 out of 15. I many NEVER get that. Needless to say I am disappointed in the DVD swap thing.

Tomorrow we are finally having a birthday party for Michael. It's only 3 weeks after his birthday. No big deal. He wanted a Star Wars themed party. It's not easy to find party supplies for it - particularly when you have no money - but I did find the basics: table cloths, cups, plates, napkins. Today I have to go out and find party bag gifts. I hate this because basically you are sending kids home with useless crap. But, kids love it and I will do it. We have 10 kids coming and I am using the bookstore to host this shin-dig. We are setting up three TV's - one will have the Playstation 2 set up to play Lego Star Wars, TV number 2 will be set up with Michael's Clone Trooper Blaster Video game and TV number 3 will be playing the new Star Wars Clone Wars movie. Pretty neat, right? We got a clone wars cake and for two hours, I think I can handle it.

Taxes. Need I say more?

I lost five pounds doing the "Walk Away the Pounds" workout with my friends in two weeks time. I'm pretty pleased with that. Yesterday I did the workout twice and walked a total of 4 miles. I feel it a little bit today but when we get together tonight we'll do a different workout. Just to shake things up a little. I'm trying to get back in to some better eating habits but man, it is hard. I have a goal in mind and a date that I need to accomplish that goal by but I just still can't seem to get in the groove. Why must food taste so good???

So that's where I am at today. Now I'm off to finish buying party supplies. Yippee! Did I mention that I am NOT a fan of Star Wars?? I'll post pictures this weekend of the hooplah and try to have on my party face.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope you have fun with the party. sometimes it is these things you do solely for the receipient that your really do not enjoy that mean the most and make the most impact on them.

Great job on the exercising and congrat's on the weight loss. Stay motivated and be happy with no gains, sometimes the plateaus are a drag.

Smile even when you don't want to, it tones the facial muscles and burns a few calories. Laugh too.