CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wake Me When It's Over...

Mono - day five. There are many things that stink about having Mono in your house. Many, many things. I've already mentioned how helpless I feel. I mean, there just isn't much that I can do make the boy better, I can make him comfortable but I cannot make him better. There, I've admitted it. It's so hard to just stand by and feel like your hands are tied.

What I've learned here is that for all of the complaining that I do about the boy, he does a LOT around here. I am picking up the slack and you know what? It's exhausting. I'm working, I'm teaching a class once a week, I'm working out 4 to five times a week, food shopping, doing laundry AND all of Nick's chores. He usually does all of the dishes, straightens up around the house, takes out the trash, vacuums, cleans his room, puts laundry away, I mean, the kid really is a power house. Not that he does it cheerfully, but he does it. Well, now I'm doing it and you know what. I don't like it!

He's starting to feel a little bit better and where he was exhausted and whiny over the weekend, he's stronger, whiny and argumentative now. Today I got home from work around 2:30. I had worked from 9-1, taught a creative writing class from 1-2, went to Target to get him more Advil and some food, came home and washed dishes and he announced that he was hungry. I said that I would make him something. He wanted Spaghettios. Gourmet dining at its best. So I open the can and pour it in to a bowl when he comes wandering in to the kitchen and moans "Nooooo....don't do it like that. You have to do it on the stoooove....
in a pot!"

REALLY????

Being a good mom of a sick child, I poured the contents in to a pot and heated it the way my baby boy wanted it. Seriously, it's Spaghettios. I was not attempting to cook Fillet Mignon in the microwave for crying out loud but a can of Franco American Spaghettios!!! He made me feel like a contestant on "Hell's Kitchen"!

I woke up with a sore throat this morning but I had to trudge on and pray that this is all that it is - a sore throat. We go to the doctor tomorrow for a follow up visit to make sure that the boy is okay and that his spleen is not enlarged. Who knew that your spleen could burst from Mono! His fever has gone down and his appetite is returning. For example, besides the gourmet feast I made him for lunch, he also ate three pouches of instant oatmeal, a chicken leg quarter, egg noodles, corn followed by a sausage sandwich. I think we are on the mend.

Please pray that we are on the mend!

No comments: