CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

(Yawn) Happy Valentine's Day...

So it's Valentine's Day. Big, freakin deal. Do you want to know what I'm doing? I'm sitting here in my sweats, feeling comfy, contemplating when I am going to go to the supermarket to pick up something to MAKE for dinner. There are no big boxes of chocolate around nor are there any bouquets of flowers.

Would I like either of those? Perhaps. It's not really our thing. Well, it's not really my HUSBAND'S thing. "We love eachother ALL days. Why do we need a day to TELL us that we love eachother?" And while yes, this is true, I feel a little left out of the Valentine's Day hooplah. We did go out to dinner on Wednesday night so I can't complain about that. He did buy us a new bed. So if you want to get technical I DID get something. It's just that, well...It's Valentine's Day, dammit!! Where's all the red crap that goes with that? We gave each other cards and I'll make a nice dinner but...where's the romance in that? Our nine year old will be "romantically dining" with us! We'll be all like "Oh, I love you so much and I can't wait until later when..." and then we'll be interrupted with a rivetting Star Wars story or a quote from Sponge Bob. Let me tell you, nothing de-romanticizes the night like a quote from Sponge Bob.

So I hope that all of my friends out there have a lovely Valentine's Day. I hope that you are sharing it with someone that you love and having a wildly romantic night. Don't worry about little ole me sitting here laughing about Patrick Star asking "Sponge Boob? Who's Sponge Boob?"


1 comment:

Jane said...

Hi Stacey,

My 23 yr. old son said last week, "Valentines Day is just a day to get guys to spend lots of money on stuff their girlfriends don't need or care for." Wow, whatever happened to romance?

I'm with you, we love each other every day we don't really need a special day to say I love you by spending money we don't have or need to spend.

Aren't you glad God loves us everyday as well? I know I am.

Romans 5:8 - But God demonstrated His love for us while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. That's Valentine's DAY at it's finest!

Renee