CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Amazing Race is Back!!!

I am a HUGE fan of The Amazing Race. I mean, a HUGE fan. It is one of the few reality shows that I watch and to me it is one of the only realistic "reality" shows on TV. I love to learn about geography so I think that is part of the appeal.

So tonight was the season premiere. Let me just state for the record that I do not want to BE on the Amazing Race, I just enjoy watching it. I've gone to the website and seen where you can apply for the show. I have no idea what the whole process entails but I would sincerely HOPE that you are required to have some sort of physical for this thing because some of the tasks are so intense. Tonight's show had contestants bungee jumping from the second highest bungee jumping site in the world. Only one member of each team had to do it and it was pretty wild. The competing couples came in all shapes and sizes - mothers and sons, fathers and sons, dating couples, older married couples, friends, etc. There was one married couple that is from Virginia and honestly, the wife could not walk, let alone RUN for any length of time without saying that she couldn't breathe. Shouldn't they have taken this in to consideration BEFORE applying for this show? Anyone who applies has obviously SEEN the show and should know what will be required of them. For the love of it, if you cannot walk to the mailbox at the end of your driveway without taking a brake then PLEASE DON'T PLAY THE GAME!!

Sure it makes for entertaining moments where you just cannot believe what you're seeing and who doesn't get a kick out of watching a couple fight. With this particular couple it was entertaining for all of thirty seconds and then it just felt wrong. I mean, she fell behind, the husband yelled, she cried, on and on it went and yet they came in like 8th or 9th out of 11 when clearly they should have been the ones to go home. It was just dumb luck that they beat out those other teams. Although, on a snarky note, it was fun to see the blond flight attendants go home. They were a little too dramatic for me.

So my Sunday nights are set now. For at least the next three months. I'll be getting my geography groove on! If you've never checked this show out, I highly recommend it. Very entertaining. I haven't picked a favorite team yet - it's just too early and people haven't really gotten annoying yet. Well, except that husband and wife I mentioned above. I'd like to see them gone next week.

Lesson learned tonight is that a 50 pound wheel of cheese can pretty much FLY down a Swiss hillside and not break. Little known fact.

You're welcome.

1 comment:

Roo said...

I'm there with you Stace!!!

I don't go for Survivor and I've only watched two of Big Brother Series, but THE AMAZING RACE... I'M THERE!

I don't want to be on it either, but it is really fun to watch and of course to see some of the stupid comments people make. Remember the one that they did that was family groups? There was one widow and 4 or 5 kids. She tried to tell them that Lake Ponchartrain in Louisiana was one of the Great Lakes!

Anyway, I'll be joining you each Sunday night to watch the escapades. And I think that Brad & Victoria deserve extra kudos for actually completing the cheese task the way it was intended...ON THEIR FEET!