CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 21, 2009

Updates and No Worries...

I wanted to thank all of you who commented yesterday on the marriage post and to let you know that you needn't worry: Frank does occassionally read my blog, but everything that was written there yesterday, was already discussed to the point of my ears bleeding all weekend long. Writing it out was just my final way of venting. We ended the weekend with a long talk and are still in love. No worries.

Then there's Nick: He's still up in the mountains but a little less enthralled by it all. He called me after being there for three days and was having MAJOR food withdrawals. You see, he basically lives on pizza, pasta and burgers. All big no-no's at the nutritionist retreat. He's not a big breakfast eater, she's making him eat all kinds of veggie omelet's. He doesn't do vegetables, in general, but he's eating "healthy" burgers wrapped in lettuce leaves. He's crying about eating rabbit food and being willing to kill someone for a Big Mac! That wasn't a good sign on day three!!

We spoke to him again yesterday - TWICE - and he's even more miserable! Don't get me wrong, he is loving being there and socializing and enjoying the scenery, but the food thing is just majorly on his mind. He got his hair cut, he's on dietary supplements to help his acne, I mean, he will be new and improved when he comes home - and makes himself a big, fat, heaping bowl of pasta that will undo nine days of hard work!! He'll be home Wednesday night. It says Tuesday night on MY calendar but apparently, I was wrong. Amazing how much that happens where he is concerned.

As for the housing situation, I have spoken to, I think, EVERYONE in the town hall building and basically there are no laws/codes in effect that say that the landlord has to put in insulation. There WILL BE come the first of the year!! I'm pretty jazzed about that. I've been scouring the paper's and Craigslist looking for a place for us and have found none that I would actually consider living in. You know, you do nothing but hear on the news about people losing their homes and the market being flooded with places! Where are these places??? They're certainly NOT around here! So my search continues.

Six weeks to go until the half marathon. I'm feeling pretty good. I have mastered the five-mile and hour rhythm and now just have to really time myself and actually DO a three-hour walk. I don't see that happening just quite yet. I just really want to get myself disciplined enough to walk consistently. It's not happening right now and I have no excuse for it except laziness.

Oh, and I'm still unemployed.

Sigh.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy moly, girl. You have a lot on your plate!

Anne said...

Just keep reminding yourself, it is good for Nick no matter how much he complains. Ah, the joys of kids. At least the laws will change on the first of the year so you will have to have insulation in 2010. Good luck looking for a place. I hate home hunting. I always find it frustrating to see what I can actually afford.

A.Marie said...

Hi there! You certainly don't have a dull life, do you?!!

Nick will be a New Person when he gets down from that mountain! You'll have to post before and after pictures! :)

I hope the house hunting goes okay..you should think about buying now that the tax credit is there for 1st time homebuyers. Seriously! One of my daughter's teachers never though she could ever afford a place of her own, but with the tax credit, she was able to buy a house. She is so excited!

Frugal Vicki said...

Does the list get shorter the longer you are married? Because mine would be like three times that. And if you can figure out the whole look right in front of your freaking face thing, let me know. we are working on that one.

Whiney Momma said...

Hey, congrats on the motivation to do the half marathon. I am so jealous. If I hadn't just found out I was preggos I would have done one in November. Maybe now I can live vicariously through you!