CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Mysteries of Marriage...

Okay, so after 18 years of marriage and 20 years together, I have some questions and I ask them with love...

Number one: How did I end up being the family alarm clock? I'm not a morning person! I realize that you are not a morning person, either, my love, but why did I have to assume that role?

Number two: In reference to number one, why then is it okay for you to be cranky, mean and annoyed at having to be up early but I am not allowed to be? I am expected to wake up with a smile and ease everyone in to the day with a big, cheery smile on my face. Please don't be annoyed when it doesn't happen.

Number three: We have two children. One is clearly just like you, the other is clearly like me. Why is it that I have to accept that one is like you but it bothers you that the other is like me? I don't get that!

Number four: Chocolate IS an acceptable breakfast food. No discussion.

Number five: My love of Disney is no more ridiculous than your love of drums. If you can spend hours at a time looking at drums on-line, I can search for all-things Disney while I am on-line. Fair is fair.

Number six: When I am doing an anger-management bible study on how to control my anger, please do not poke at me just to make me angry. Patience, I am doing this for BOTH our sakes!!

Number seven: When you cannot find something? Look for it! Standing still and glancing around will not yield results. Open a drawer, for crying out loud!!

Well, I think that's it. These are the things on my mind about marriage for today. Tomorrow, that may change. It's never dull around here!


11 comments:

Petula said...

I love those! Although I'm not "married" any longer I can totally relate. You stated those very well. Think you'll get some answers?:)

Grampy said...

I hope he doesn't read your blog. But for some reason everyone feels the woman should take charge of everything.I am a morning person so I don't really understand, except that my wife isn't. I can not even look at her until she has her coffee.
I did love your list.

earthlingorgeous said...

Very well written. I love it. So what did the hubz said?

Sherri said...

#1 and #7 are definitely on my list too! It's overwhelming to me sometimes:)

Unknown said...

hehehe they are all the same, it's just the paycheck that makes them more bearable LOL

Femmepower said...

Hahaha I can very well relate with number 1. I hate waking up early because I'm nocturnal. But i wouldn't, who will fix the breakfast and prepare the kid for school? See, we moms have to take on that role because there are no other takers,lol.

Anyway, does your hubby read your blog?

Mel said...

It tickled me reading what you wrote. For sure you are one adorable wife and mom.;-)

Simply Being Mommy said...

Many of those are on my list too! I bet it felt good to get that out, LOL!

Unknown said...

great list. Everyone I'm sure has there own to add but this is an excellant start!

Nani said...

LOL! thats the part that cracks me up.... he goes to work and does great- keeps a neat desk, gets a raise and praise but when he gets home....what happens a mess-disorganized and yes HE CANT FIND ANYTHING!!! he could be staring at it and he would say it's not there-love him but what happens from work to home??

Whiney Momma said...

Well it is definitely good you are getting this off your chest. I think so many of us "married" folk can relate...even though I am not as far into as you guys yet. Congrats you have made it this far though and if those are your worst differences...believe me, that's not too bad.