CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Seriously, Dude, it's over...

So I took the advice of a friend and decided to do my car shopping on-line.  I literally had a dozen dealerships vying for my business and each of them willing to work some sort of deal.  Only one came close to getting me exactly what I wanted.  Unfortunately, because we do not use credit (which seems like a good idea, but clearly is not), our credit score is not desirable to the financial department.

I talked to this guy yesterday both by phone and via email and when he gave me the final number (after getting my credit info back), I told him I needed to think about it.  He called me today and left me a message and then immediately emailed me to see if I've made my decision.  Well, I had.  We're not going to do it.  The monthly payment he offered is only $30 more than what I wanted but the more we talked about it, the more we decided that we needed to wait.  I emailed the salesman back and thanked him and explained the situation and told him when we were ready, we'd be in touch.

I have been getting emails damn near every 30 minutes from this guy.

First it was: 

I wanted to shoot you over a email seeing how you are doing. I'm sure you are extremely busy at work if your day is going like mine. Let me know how to move forward. The Elantra is fueled up and ready for delivery.

Thanks again


To which I replied:   

Thanks for getting back w/me.  I couldn't grab the phone when you called earlier.  I want to thank you for all that you did for us to try and get the car but we are going to wait.  I know it's only $30 more a month but we decided to try and do what we can on our credit before committing to anything.
 
Thank you again for all of your hard work and honesty.
 
have a great day!
 
Nice, right?
 
He comes back with: 

Let me ask you this. I'm not even sure that I can do it but if I can get you close to $180 a month will you consider it? It's a stretch but I'll go see what I can do. 
 
Seriously...couldn't he just let me bow out graciously?
 
So I responded (because I can't seem to leave a question out there dangling):
 

Really, I thank you for all that you did but one of the reasons we've lived w/o credit is so that we stay within our means.  At the 163 we were going to be ok, I don't want to go anywhere above or beyond that b/c there's still insurance and whatnot to deal with.
 
It just wasn't meant to be for right now.
 
Thanks, again!
 
And we're done...
 
Not...

I have one last chance here. You think you could put an extra $500 with the $2,000 that you are already putting down now? I've spoke with Hyundai Credit and the Hyundai sales manager and I think with an extra $500 we can put this together. If you can't do the $500 let me know what you can do and I'll see about the amount too. I'm here for another 45 mins so just let me know when you can.

Thanks
 
Now I'm mad...

Thank you, but it's not going to happen right now.

You can feel my wrath, right?  He didn't...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you looking to lease an Elantra for $169 a month? With the extra $500 I can get you there. If you gave me the $2,000 now and needed to wait an extra week before giving me the other $500 that would be fine. I'm trying to assist you here not worry you. I have the car here, the color is what you wanted and we can get this done for you today. What has happened? Where did I go wrong?
 
At this point, I wouldn't lease from this guy if someone gave me all of the money to do it because he's whiny, needy and clingy!  My FINAL message to him: 
 
You did not go wrong.  We do not have another $500 to put down - not just right now, not next week or this month or next.  If I could do it, I would.  You have been very helpful but now I am feeling slightly harassed.  You've seen our credit score, I've explained to you our situation and I know, for me and my family, this is not the right choice to make at the present time.

Thank you.
 
Let's hope that I am done here because this is just too much for my afternoon... 

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Time to send this PITA's communiques to the spam folder, methinks.....if he hasn't got it by now he ain't gonna get it!