CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 11, 2012

Duran Duran...

So in my constant need to keep a good part of me in the 80's, I was THRILLED when I learned that Duran Duran was coming to North Carolina this summer.  I put out a blanket email to a bunch of my friends asking "Who wants to go???" and got several yes responses.  By the time tickets went on sale?  Not so much.

So I purchased two tickets and now NO ONE wants to go with me!!!  Everyone has plans, can't afford it, blah, blah, blah but now I don't know what to do!  Frank was like "Don't look at me" and honestly, in all fairness, he SHOULD go with me!  Remember when I had to go and see "Zappa Plays Zappa"?  I mean, seriously?  Did I enjoy that?  Um, no.  As a musician, he should WANT to go with me just to hear music!  But will he?  No.

Nick won't go.

Michael won't go - and really going with a 12 year old would not be a fun time.  I could traumatize him with my big hair and dance moves while singing "Hungry Like the Wolf"!

My buddy Cathleen said she WOULD go, but then finished that statement with "While wearing ear plugs".  See, I listen when you speak, Cathleen!  And I won't torture you with this concert!

I have three months to find someone to come and be ridiculous with me.  Who knew having a girls night listening to 5 hot british guys sing would be so damn difficult???

1 comment:

Lola said...

I'm not a big Duran Duran fan, but if you were closer I'd go. A party is a party, right?