CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 20, 2012

When your child doesn't take a good picture...

I have two sons.  They are both the greatest things that ever happened to me.  I love them more than I ever thought humanly possible.  They are opposite in every imaginable way even down to their looks.  Nick is brown hair, brown eyes, olive complexion whereas Michael is blonde, blue eyed and fair skinned.

Nick takes an amazing picture; he is VERY photogenic.  I honestly, in his 20 years of life, have rarely seen a bad picture of him.  Michael is not so fortunate.  He is clearly uncomfortable having his picture taken - and yes, he gets that from his father - but it's gotten to the point where we just don't know what to do about it and he has become aware of it as well.

Last week at school the Ident-a-Kid program came to do ID cards.  We needed one for him and so we signed up and ordered them.  Tonight they texted it to me (I'm not quite sure why...I thought we were getting ACTUAL cards).  Anyway, the picture on this ID rivals Nick Nolte's mug shot.  

I only wish I were kidding.

My beautiful curly headed boy, my sweet little bean, takes horrendous pictures!  I don't understand how such an adorable child can photograph so badly!  He has one eye open, one eye closed in this shot!  How does that even happen???  Getting Christmas card pictures became painful and don't even get me started on school pictures; I had to stop buying them because they won't re-take them the amount of times it takes to get him relaxed enough to get a good shot!  

It's not that his clothes are bad or anything fixable like that.  His curly hair is unruly so what looks fine when he leaves the house is normally out of control by picture time and then...it's his expressions.  All you have to do is glance at one of these shots to see that he feels like he is being sent to his execution.

My poor baby.  Someday he is going to relax enough to let us get some good pictures of him and then I am going to post them all over the place.  Hopefully.

No comments: