CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Writing Getaway...

So as you can tell by my more frequent sporadic writings, life has been busy.  Almost five months back in to the land of the working and I still don't seem to have enough hours in the day to do it all.  Part of the problem is that I am just struggling with depression.  Yes, yes, yes...I know it's depression and while I decided to take myself off of the anti-depressants, I am learning to deal.  Mainly because a pill does not make the bills get paid of the husband have work.  I don't want to numb myself, I just want our situation to get better.  

For those of you keeping track, if life had even been a little bit better and work more consistent for Frank, I would have been leaving Monday for my Disney trip.  But I'm not.  That trip was canceled.  Then there's the fact that a large part of my family is going on a cruise together at the end of the month.  Not going on that one either.  We're still hopeful about visiting my in-laws in December...

So I decided that I had some travel issues and resentment and wanted to do something about it.  Luckily for me, I have some friends who have a cottage on their property about 6 miles from my house.  Not a huge "away" in getaway but for me it means time alone, time to write, sleep, read...whatever it is that I want for an entire weekend.  

I arrived here last night after dinner.  It was the coldest night of the season!  There's heat and air and all that - it's not completely rustic - but I have to tell you, it's a rainy day outside right now and I feel just giddy about being here.  Last night I wrote up two lessons for the fiction workshop I'm teaching and I plan on doing more of them today, I finished a great book last night (Susan Mallery - you did it again!) and I woke up at 6:30 this morning, read for a little bit and then went back to bed for three hours!  It's awesome!

I plan on spending some time working on the blog here - and not neglecting it as I had been.  I was thrilled to find out that my little blog sent some readers over to Susan Mallery's site (to the tune of 1200 in one month!) so you guys are amazing.

So I am off to write on this rainy Saturday.  Looking for inspiration.  I have novels in progress, workshop lessons to write, blogs to write...I certainly have enough to keep me busy and then there will be Chinese food for dinner.  Sure, skipping down Main Street USA in Disney would still be my first choice, but this is pretty darn sweet, too.

No comments: