CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Seriously, I'd smack them...

I went out to lunch today with a friend.  She came and picked me up and treated me to lunch.  So sweet.  I have awesome friends.  Anyway, we're out at a local restaurant that she and her family go to quite often because her husband has done work for the owner's so they get a discount. 

As we were getting out of the car, she turns to me and says "Let's see if we actually get any attention" so I'm like "Why?"  Well, it seems like her husband gets a LOT of attention from the female staff.  A LOT.  While his wife is sitting with him.  While his children are sitting with him.  The waitresses come and sit WITH him, talk TO him and pretty much ignore my friend.  So at this point it's like, clearly, they must know who she is; they come here often.  But you know what?  

Not ONE female member of the staff acknowledged her!  Or me!  We got a male waiter who was BEYOND rude and gave us attitude when she went to pay with her gift card.  I have to admit, the whole thing seemed a little bizarre.  

You know, I am a friendly person.  I can relate more with guys than girls and always have.  BUT...and I mean a serious BUT...you better damn well be prepared to be slapped if you are being overtly attentive to my husband - especially when he is RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!  And if you really are THAT friendly - as I'm sure these waitresses believe themselves to be - make sure that you pay attention to the WIFE and the family. 

Otherwise you just look like a hoochie...

3 comments:

Just Plain Tired said...

While I agree with the post I have to wonder how the husband acts around the waitresses while doing work there and the wife isn't around. That may be a factor with the attention he gets.

Da Dude said...

The guys generally pay the bill. So they play up to him for a bigger tip. A little flattery and a wiggle here and there goes a long way with us guys. Now the gals we are with get POed but.. Ahh, the fantasy girl seems better. LOL

Medical Books Store said...

patience is the right answer :)