CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A New Class...

Okay, since clearly I don't want to commit right now to a 4-year university and am unsure about going back to school in general, I decided to try another approach:  On-line classes.

Many, many years ago, Nick had taken an on-line college course on Theme Park Engineering.  This was when he wanted to be an Imagineer for Disney.  It was through ed2go.com and I have to tell you, it was a GREAT course.  Back in the Spring I had taken a course through them on Romance Writing.  It was a 6-week class, 2 lessons a week, very informative.  I got a certificate when I was done.  Well, I decided to go back and see what what being offered now and going along with my dream of really wanting to get published, I signed up for "Beginner's Guide to Getting Published".  

The classes are not free; each one is about $65.  Being that this is the area that I am struggling in (getting published) I thought that this could be helpful.  Tonight is the first lesson and I am so excited about it!  I wish that it gave more than a certificate but at least I am getting INFORMATION and being that I have to take a test on each lesson, I should thoroughly KNOW what I have learned.  

I'm a fast reader.  I tend to "scan" more than read sometimes and miss out on some important information because of it.  By having to take a test, I have to be a little bit more thorough with my studying.  So off I go, to read my first lesson and see if I can actually comprehend it.

Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Good luck !! :)

Petula said...

That's great. I look forward to hearing all about your class. Good luck. :-)

jenn said...

Good luck! I know you'll do awesome.

StaceyC4 said...

I got 100% on my first quiz! Yeah!!

A.Marie said...

Good Luck!! :)

Roo said...

Congratulations! And good luck with the rest of the class. I think you're taking the right step. Study something you like. You may finally decide down the road that you're ready for a more formalized education.