CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Shopping: The Good, the Bad and the Unfortunate

I have GOT to get back on track with food shopping only once a week. Right now I feel like I am forever going to the store for something. Friday, for example, we headed over to the new Lowe's Foods because I needed something to make with the chicken I had out for dinner. Fifty-five dollars later, I leave. But that's not even the bad part. The bad part was that I went through the self-check lane, paid with a $100 bill and FORGOT TO GRAB MY CHANGE!!! I did not realize this until Saturday morning when we were getting ready to leave for the movies. So I called the Lowe's and hoped and prayed and kept my fingers crossed that somebody was honest enough to turn the money in.

No such luck.

But to be perfectly honest, I know that if it were me next in line, I'd pay with cash and just grab my change and stuff it in my purse without counting it and then be pleasantly surprised when I had extra cash a few days later. Am I the only scatter-brained shopper out there? Gosh, I hope not!

Today I went to the new Harris Teeter that opened up this week. I know, lots of new supermarkets here in little Wake Forest. It's very exciting. But I digress...
so we're in the super-new-Harris Teeter, it's opening weekend, there are TONS of free samples to be had and Michael and I are just loving it. We're walking around, shopping, eating, eating, shopping, it was wonderful. I had a $10 off coupon and when I went to check out, I grabbed a magazine and threw it in the cart. I checked out, grabbed my stuff that was bagged for me, and left. When I got home, I realized that my magazine was no where to be found. Now, I know it was only $1.79, but still, I paid for it, and I wanted it. I called the store and got the manager on the phone. He went back to the lane I checked out at, found the magazine and then...wait for it...Offered to deliver it to my home!!!

I KID YOU NOT!!!

Thirty minutes later, I was sitting on the couch reading my new magazine. For those of you in the area, I HIGHLY recommend the new Harris Teeter. They were super friendly, had an AWESOME seafood department and...they deliver!

3 comments:

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said...

I've left my change behind before too! (more times than I care to admit - this is why I try to just use my debit card!) I just keep my fingers crossed that whoever finds it, really needed it.

StaceyC4 said...

Amen to that!

A.Marie said...

He delivered the magazine to you???? Oh my goodness...can I please move to a town that has a store like that!! :):) Or, better yet, have a store like that move to my small town!