CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Bruschetta Chicken Bake...Oh, the Yumminess!

I love to cook. I think I'm actually pretty good at it. I HATE to follow recipes. I'm more creative and love to concoct a dinner. The usually turn out great. Well, when I spoke at the MOPS meeting on Tuesday, my thank you gift was a cookbook compiled by its members. I got curious and started reading through it and found some really great recipes. Tonight I tried one - and recommend that you do too. It's THAT good!

1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 package Stove Top Stuffing mix for chicken
1/2 cup water
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts filleted
1 tsp. dried basil leaves

1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

*note: I used the Hunts diced tomatoes with roasted garlic & it was yummy!)*

Preheat oven to 400. Place tomatoes with their liquid in to a medium sized bowl. Add stuffing mix, water & garlic and stir until just moistened. Place filleted chicken in to a 13x9 inch baking dish (I sprayed mine with Pam first). Sprinkle with basil then the shredded cheese. Top with the stuffing mixture (I also topped that with a little bit more of the mozzarella). Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Makes 6 servings.

The original recipe called for the chicken to be cut in to bite sized pieces but I liked the presentation of putting a whole piece of chicken on each plate - it made it easier to serve, as well. We served this with whole green beans with a butter and garlic sauce and a Caesar salad and it was absolutely wonderful.

This recipe's a keeper!

3 comments:

Michelle A. said...

Is it better than my Peach Glazed Chicken?

A.Marie said...

I found your blog while I was cruising Entrecard "doing the drop" thing, and I love your pictures and your title! I have two teens, so I totally understand the drama! I'll be back to visit again!

Nani said...

once again you cooked dinner w/out me- maybe you should have a cooking class - I'd pay- may I suggest meatballs as the first recipe to learn????