CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Resolutions

Every year I make a New Year's Resolution.

Every year I break my New Year's Resolution.

Why?  I don't know.  My theory is that I am more comfortable in the role of failure than I am being successful.  Some shrink would have a field day with me!  But I think the key to keeping the resolution is making it one that is realistic.  Saying that I am going to get down to a size 5 is NOT realistic.  Saying that I will lose 5 pounds is.  Saying that I'm going to save $10,000 to put down on a house is not realistic.  Saying that we'd like to save even $1,000 is.

It's all in the reality.  Which usually sucks.

I was a little bit sorry to see 2012 end.  It was a really good year for us.  It was the year that both Frank and I got jobs; real jobs.  Full time jobs.  We actually had time to enjoy our lives while having our bills get paid.  Believe me, it's been a LONG time since we'd lived like that.  This was the year that Frank's band Motrendus finally started playing local gigs; they cut a demo CD and it was all pretty exciting.  2012 was the year I became a best selling author on a little Christmas novella that I wrote in 3 weeks.

Are we rich?  No.  Are we happy?  Yes.  If you think about it, we're kind of an artsy couple - rock star husband, author wife.  We're a reality show waiting to happen.

NOT!

I started working on the next book.  This one will be Ava's story and I have to tell you, it's hysterical how many people have chimed in with who they want to see her with and how they think her story should go.  It's kind of cool getting some feedback but so far no one's guessed what I'm doing!  So there will be lots of surprises and I'm hoping for the same success with her story.  

I missed hitting the 10,000 ebook sales by midnight on New Year's Eve by 120 books.  I guess I still hit it on "New Year's" but it was 2013 and it sort of took a little of the fun out of it for me.  BUT...we're still selling and people are leaving some awesome reviews and so I am VERY happy.  I'm no longer considered a "Hot New Release" but I'm still in the top 30 in women's fiction.  It was an amazing ride and if I can just keep it going for another six weeks or so, we'll start again with the next book.

So what are some of your realistic resolutions?  Do you make them?  Do you keep them?  If I had to really go big and make one, I'd say that my goal is to sell 100,000 ebooks this year.

Only 90,000 more to go!

No comments: