CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 13, 2010

Favorite Christmas Specials...

You know, no matter what show is on TV there will eventually be a Christmas themed episode.  Some are good, some, not so much.  There are some great Christmas specials and movies that I simply cannot be without.  What about you?

Okay, there is, of course, the classic "Charlie Brown Christmas".  I simply cannot go through the Christmas season without watching it.  I have it on VHS and have been meaning to get it on DVD.  When Linus gets up on stage and says "Lights please..." That is just good television.

My next favorite special is Frosty the Snowman.  I love that Magician and at the end when at the end Santa confronts him and says "Now you go home and write I am sorry for what I did to Frosty one hundred zillion times..." I crack up every time!

A great classic is "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol".  Oh, how I LOVE Mr. Magoo!  The intro when he goes in to the wrong theater and you hear all of the crashing and commotion and him yelling "Unhand me!"  Very funny indeed!

"Scrooged" with Bill Murray is my absolute FAVORITE Christmas movie of all time.  I can watch that one time and time again (even if it's not Christmas and I find something new in it every time).  It is my favorite adaption of the story of Scrooge and there are just too many classic lines to sum up in one short paragraph.  If you haven't seen it and you enjoy a funny movie, check this one out.

"When Harry Met Sally" will get you in the Christmas spirit no matter time of year you watch it.  Although it is not billed as a Christmas movie, it seems to make you think of Christmas...I'm not sure why.

What are your favorite Christmas movies and specials?  What can't you go without seeing at this time of year?  I'd love to know!!

10 comments:

Nessa said...

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town is my favorite. I've already watched it about 20 times so far just since this past Thanksgiving lol.

Lola said...

"When Harry Met Sally" is a staple for me on NYE if I'm not going out. That and "Casablanca".

Come check out my post about our cooking baking party on Sunday:
http://lolasdiner.blogspot.com/2010/12/im-making-cookieshand-me-hammer-and-wd.html

Michelle A. said...

I love National Lampoons Christmas Vacation and have to watch it every year. Chevy Chase is hilarious. He's expecting a big christmas bonus so they can put in a pool and when he finally gets the envelope he only gets the
"jelly of the month club" for a year. Then Randy Quaid goes and kidnaps his boss and brings him to his house. I am laughing so hard as I type. I think I'll go watch it right now!!!

Unknown said...

The Year Without a Santa Claus is my absolute favorite and we watch it every year.

Lynne said...

A few of my favorites are White Christmas, The Bishop's Wife and Elf.

Anonymous said...

Good call on When Harry Met Sally! that's a film I always watch at this time of year.

Tara Beaulieu said...

My favorites are A Christmas Story, Ralphie just cracks me up! And White Christmas, which incidently I DVR'd and comes on at 8pm on A&E tonight if anyone wants to see it, lol!

Nani said...

White Christmas of course, Hallmark channel Christmas movies and for some reason I like An Affair to Remember this time of year..

Unlikely Oilfield Wife said...

Muppet Family Christmas, Home Alone, and Love Actually are all a must. Home for the Holidays is a great one too, when I'm feeling annoyed by family lol.

Sir Jorge Orduna said...

"Friday After Next" is my favorite holiday themed movie, although it's a bit harsh in tone and language