CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 16, 2010

When my lips are moving, do you hear the words? A wife's rant...

Okay, so it's holiday time and there is a lot going on.  More than usual.  The band that Frank plays with is trying to plan a get together for Christmas.  This has been debated for weeks and it was finally decided upon that the get together would happen the week between Christmas and New Year's.

Now, because of this decision, I have since gone on to make other plans with other people for dates and times leading UP TO the week between Christmas and New Year's.  Are you seeing where this is going?  

This coming weekend we have plans to go and visit friends who live three hours away.  We have not SEEN THEM in ten years.  So tonight while Frank was at band practice, I called to see how he's doing and he's like "Oh, the Christmas get-together is gonna be this Saturday."

Um...excuse me?  Did we NOT have several conversations about the trip to see our friends this weekend?  Have I NOT been yammering on about the length of the drive and how important it is that we both go so that I'm not driving home late for three hours on the interstate with just me and Michael?  Now, I'm SURE that we did but apparently, my voice is merely background noise.  It's probably similar to the noise I hear when I turn the fan on to help me sleep.  

Ladies, do you agree with me?  Men, WHY can you NOT remember ANYTHING?  I am so furious right now and if I were a petty person, I would go to bed and pretend to be asleep.  But I'm too wound up!  I'm really kind of pissed.  When I reminded him of our plans he's like "Okay, whatever, no big deal" and you know what?  I know that he means that - to him, if we don't go to the band Christmas party, he will be just fine.

BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT!!!

The point is that we have conversations that don't penetrate your brain!  Why is that?  Gotta tell you, it's annoying!  It's rude.  And really, I don't like it.

There, I said it...

4 comments:

Lola said...

Ummm, I hate to tell you, but women are the same way...at least lesbians anyway. I can't tell you how many times I've been seeing a woman who has a memory like a man. And the best one of all was the woman I'm seeing now who kept trying to make extravagant plans for NYE, like going to some gay clubs and getting a hotel room within walking distance or a cab ride. She had me searching the internet for parties at gay clubs and hotels for days. Then she remembered that she promised to babysit for 2 babies (6 months old each) and a 2 1/2 year old who is the most ill behaved child I have met and why don't I stay at her place and help her babysit? Ummm, cuz I'd rather poke my eye out with a fork, that's why! If I can't go out, I'd rather stay home, booze it up, watch movies (and of course watch Janet Davies drunk ass from the local Chicago tv station covering a local bar party) and do other "adult" things. Babysitting is the last thing I want to do!

Tui Snider said...

Oh, gosh... I hear ya! sigh... I tend to start saying ridiculous things to test if he's listening, "So today I rode a giraffe," etc...

Who am I? Well, I found you from the NaBloPoMo December blog roll and thought I would say hi.

~Tui

Lin said...

I think it is selective remembering/forgetting--like he was hoping you could cancel the trip or something. I'm not sure it is always that they forget or if it is just manipulation. Either way, it is freaking annoying!

Petula said...

I'm glad you got that off of your chest. That is a problem, but I'm assuming it's something he's done for quite some time and you haven't killed him yet. :-D Hey, you should put calendar or scheduled things in his phone with an alarm that dings to remind him of stuff you've said that's important. LOL

Well, uh... hmmm... enjoy the ride.