CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Today stinks...and other disappointments

Okay, so remember how I wrote until my fingers bled to complete 50,000 words by November 24th - before we left for vacation - for NaNoWriMo?  Well guess what?  During the time that we were away WITHOUT WiFi, I was supposed to VALIDATE my word count!  I didn't get to do that and so I do not count as a winner.  I do not get a certificate.  I get squat.  All that work for NOTHING.

My landlord has been M.I.A. for a while and while it's been pleasant, I had a sneaky suspicion that he was up to something.  Well, he called here yesterday and announced that he was raising our rent as of January 1st.  At this rate, the house is TOTALLY not worth what he is asking and I would like nothing more than to tell him to take it and shove it but until we find something else that we can afford, I'm going to have to keep quiet.

Oh, have you watched the news lately about extended benefits for unemployment have been terminated?  Well, guess what phase of unemployment I am at?  You guessed it, the extended benefit phase.  So in two weeks I will be A.) without a job, B.) without unemployment and C.) living in a house that I am paying WAY too much for.

Disappointing indeed...

5 comments:

Gruggers said...

It takes FOREVER for this site to load. I think you have too much stuff displayed on the first page.

Melissa said...

Go to chacha.com click on become a guide, apply and they will contact you. If you get in you won't get rich, but it will help you get over the hump.

Kimmy said...

As a staffing recruiter Stace, it's so difficult to wonder what is going to happen. I know so many people that refuse to even apply for a job until the unemployment runs out. I have a friend that was laid off June 2009. She brags about potentially being off another 13 months if this extension goes through. She has said she won't even consider looking for a job until the government stops her. Now she has money for concerts, tattoos, and who knows what else. I am still trying to figure out how to afford my college daughter's books and my husband and I work full time!!!

With what I am reading online, the extension will pass, and you will continue to get unemployment benefits.

I will warn you though. I staff for several national companies in Chicago that knows that there are jobs out there. They are starting to realize the ones that sit and collect, verses the ones that get back to work. I don't know your situation or where you live, but don't wait until 10000000 are all out of unemployment. Already companies eyebrows are going up if people just sat around for two years. Because in Chicago.. it's just an excuse. We have tons of open jobs for those who actually want to work. People would rather stay home with their kids. And do I blame them? No. But it will come back to haunt them.

exercise burn fat said...

Love your blog (I visit you from entrecard). Where did you get the title for your blog?

StaceyC4 said...

I titled the blog because I always tell people that I am who I am all the time. We know a lot of people who act a certain way depending on who they are with or what day of the week it is and then different the rest of the time. Not me; no matter when, where or what time you meet me, I will be the same.