CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sooo...this is new...

If you were to ask my husband he would tell you that I am the QUEEN of strange ailments.  It's true.  Ever hear of a pregnant woman's jaw locking open from yawning?  That's me.  Ever step on something microscopic and have your toe turn black?  That, too, was me.  I am forever getting sick with things that just don't make sense.

Yesterday I was sitting here at home and my back hurt.  Not the muscles, but my skin.  It felt as if I had a bad sunburn; there was stinging and itching - the kind that comes when the sunburn is fading.  The only problem was that I had not been out in the sun and there was no sunburn.  Just the pain.  So I had poor Frank GENTLY scratching my back to get rid of the itch but was almost in tears because even the slightest of touches made me want to cry.  What in the world???  

Getting dressed today was painful.  Putting on a bra brought tears to my eyes.  I have no idea what this is...even lying down on cool sheets was a reason to twitch.  And don't even ask how it felt in the shower.  So for now I continue to sit and feel discomfort.  It's not as bad as it was last night but there is still definitely something going on.

Here's the weird thing:  I had to stop using my bath scrunchies (which I get rid of RELIGIOUSLY every two weeks) because it used to cause me to break out and itch all over my shins.  I had actually not used one in months and got a new one the other day and used it in the shower to...you guessed it, wash my back.  Coincidence?  Is there something toxic in the bath scrunchie?  Who knows!  I would be curious to hear if anyone else ever had such a problem...

2 comments:

Dana said...

You definitely come up with some strange ones. Obviously it could be the bath scrunchie or something else. My mother had shingles and her pain sounded a lot like yours on your back. She had hers around her waist but shingles can be anywhere and affect almost any age, so if it continues I would have it checked out.

Rachele said...

Sounds like the scrunchie may be to blame. Hope it goes away quickly and you can get some relief. Would an anti-itch cream work?

Hope you get to feeling better soon.