CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Amazing Race is Back!!!

I am almost counting down the minutes until 8:30 Eastern Standard Time.  I have to admit, lately I have been all about the TV but really, life has sucked otherwise and this has been a nice diversion.  

So tonight "The Amazing Race" starts back up.  I don't understand these "new" seasons that seem to be all the rage where shows run in 12 week intervals.  I find it confusing and I hate that they don't do re-runs at all on them so if you miss an episode, you're screwed.  Not fun.  But "The Amazing Race" is truly a great show because I do find geography interesting and so not only are the challenges realistic (unlike those on "Survivor") but you truly get a glimpse in to the culture of the country they are in.  As a family, we enjoy the show.  

In order to kill time today I have (since getting home from church earlier):  Gone to Super Target, eaten lunch, done dishes, called my in-laws, entered in about a dozen books to swap on Paperback Swap, made Frank lunch and DRIVEN it 20 miles away to where he is working today, drove back, called my dad and spoke to him for like 30 minutes, mixed up a batch of dough for Artisan bread, shaped said dough (after 2 hours of rising) in to 16 individual rolls, played about a dozen games on Facebook, and written this blog.

And it's only 4:30.

Time is CRAWLING...

9 comments:

Gayle Herbert Robinson said...

Yaay! Amazing Race ... thank you for reminding me that it starts tonight. I love it! In fact, me and my best friend have a dream of entering the Race. But first we have to get rid of that thing called Fear. Yikes! Thanks for the reminder. Enjoy the race!

Gayle Herbert Robinson said...

Yaay! Amazing Race ... thank you for reminding me that it starts tonight. I love it! In fact, me and my best friend have a dream of entering the Race. But first we have to get rid of that thing called Fear. Yikes! Thanks for the reminder. Enjoy the race!

Alison said...

... and now a 15 minute delay due to a football game. *Sigh* We're counting down, too!

Rachele said...

Nothing like a watermelon to the face to start off this new season. I don't think I'd come back from that. Can't believe her face wasn't completely black and blue.

Patricia Rockwell said...

What a great start to another amazing season! Didn't you love the doc with diabetes who tested while driving down the right hand side of the street?

Lin said...

I'm guilty of loving that one too. Sigh. Add in Project Runway, Top Chef, Survivor....well.. I guess I'm hooked on the semi-reality thingys.

Da Dude said...

Amazing Race? Not Dancing With The Stars? I thought people gave up on "Race" by now.

Frugal Vicki said...

Holy cow....that is a busy day. Is ther anyone good on amazing race this season? I loved Jeff and Jordan last year

KlayeBlayk said...

Ooooh Amazing Race! I love that show!