CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I have OCFBD....

Which stands for "Obsessive-Compulsive-Facebook-Disorder". Why? Because it has become a little bit of an obsession. I am on there on and off during the day, seeing what my friends are doing, playing some word challenge and basically doing my best to have more friends on there than my teenager does.

Does that seem healthy to you? No, of course it doesn't.

Lately, I have been kicking BUTT in the friend department. I have 248 facebook friends and I think he has around 220. I was feeling all kinds of sassy about my friend status until I went on line this morning and happened to glance at my friend section and it read Friends: 247.

???

Now wait just a minute, my brain screamed, I had 248 friend last night. TWO-FOUR-EIGHT. Where did that one go? Who left me? Why did they leave me? How do I find out who it was? If I read through that list of names, would it instantly pop in to my brain who was missing? On the way to work this morning, Nick was in the car with me and I told him about it in a very casual "oh, so what" kind of tone. He as like "You'll never find out who it was. Facebook doesn't post that information". So my brain is on overdrive and I ask him "Did you tell someone to drop me?" He laughed. He's like "Yeah, because I have that much free time on my hands that in it I call people and tell them to drop you from their Facebook account. Get real." Besides the sarcasm, the boy did seem sincere. And besides, that would just be mean.

Once at work, it's still floating in the back of my brain "Who dropped me? Why did they drop me?" You know, there are a few people I'd LIKE to drop but I just can't seem to bring myself to do it. I dropped one person and that's because I found his profile picture offensive. I didn't send him any nasty letter or notify him of the fact that I was dropping him, I just did it. So now I'm thinking "Did I offend someone with something that I posted? Did I do something that was not politically correct?" I don't know!!! I'm slowly slipping in to madness by now.

Here's the problem with facebook: It is a wonderful sight with lots to do and it has been a blast with catching up with old friends. You can block others from knowing when you are on-line and don't want to have to "chat" with people. I stay off line a LOT because there are some people who seem to have me on radar and instantly want to chat the very second I get on there and sometimes, I'm just not in the mood. I've been told that I can just ignore them but how can you ignore someone who constantly types "Are you there? Stace? Are you okay?" and then when you don't respond, they call you. I'm learning to be selective about what people I give my phone number to anymore because apparently not everyone at this age has learned proper phone etiquette, but that's a blog for another day.

But back to the dropper...I got home this afternoon and, of course, got online and went on to facebook. The 247 continued to taunt but me but I was not going to let it stop me from having fun. So I went on to the flair section and found a funny one to send to my Beeg and you know what? SHE WASN'T ON MY FRIEND LIST ANYMORE!!!!! She deleted me!!!! I call her up and I'm like "Why? Why would you do it?" and she's like "Do what?" Keep in mind, that with our stupid sense of humor, this is something that would be hillarious if we did it to someone else. Doing it to me? Not so much. We actually just had a discussion about deleting people just the other day when I was telling her about this near-stalker person who won't leave me alone. Beeg was like, delete her! But again, I just can't bring myself to do it. And NOT just because I don't want to lose friends and give Nick the opportunity to catch up! It turns out that she claims that the delete was "unintentional" and she laughed about it and sent me another friend request. I'm unsure if I believe her. When I was in Disney a couple of months ago, she took a plaque that I have up in the bookstore where it claims that I am "Employee of the Month - Every Month" and put someone else's name over it! Just to mess with me! And a bunch of people were in on it and couldn't wait to see how long it would take me to notice it! This "delete" thing is just the sort of snarky prank she would pull just to see how observant I am.

Well, I am ON TO YOU!!!! Mean, just for the sake of being mean.

I am glad that the mystery is solved. I will sleep easy tonight but I think I may have to ground myself from using the computer. Well, maybe not everything on the computer, maybe just facebook.

No comments: