CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 3, 2008

C'mon Get Happy...

I love to listen to music. I crave it, need to have it playing in the car, in my house whenever I can. I consider myself to be fairly 'hip' (and I think that my using the word hip, I just realized that I am not). As an 80's girl I did the big hair thing, I rocked to the likes of Bon Jovi, Whitesnake & Def Leppard and yet...there's a little music nerd inside of me that comes out from time to time.

Were you ever just listening to the radio, flipping through the stations and a song comes on that you feel you are really too cool to be listening to and yet can't help yourself? I'm telling you, nothing puts a smile on my face faster than hearing an old song that I so should NOT know the lyrics to and yet I find myself singing along to as if it were in the top ten now. This morning on the way to work such a song came on. It was something about "Seems it never rains in Southern California..." I sang my little heart out and then had to clasp a hand over my mouth in shame! What was I doing? Why was I singing? How in the world do I even REMEMBER the words to this song? Quick, someone tease up my hair and break out some "Living on a Prayer" STAT!

So that got me thinking, how often do I do this? How big of a nerd am I? Apparently a pretty big one. I have a Sonny & Cher song on my MP3 player for crying out loud! I randomly listen to the theme song to the Partridge Family! In my car! With the kids in it! And sing! This is so weird! Okay, people, fess up, if "Billy Don't be a Hero" came on the radio, could you still sing along?

1 comment:

Cathleen Bragg said...

I love that song! I, too, am a music nerd. Notice I didn't say math nerd!