CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Foot Danger at the Mall

No, not foot danger for everyone, just for me.  Honestly, if something is going to happen to me, it's going to happen to my foot first.  And you know what's weird about that?  I don't have obnoxiously big feet!  Seriously, I'm a size 8; fairly average, and yet, things happen to my feet all the time.

Back when Nick was a baby, boiling water spilled while I was draining pasta.  Where?  My foot.  Fell on the ice as a teen, broke my ankle.  Don't even get me started on why Frank is no longer allowed to push the shopping cart while we're food shopping!

So we go to the mall and we get out of the car and we're walking across the parking lot and Frank steps on my heel (ouch!) and I walk right out of my flip flop and almost fall on my face.  So I yell, I scream, I remind him that my feet are NOT ginormous as I slip my foot back in to the shoe and I think, okay, we're good.

An hour later I am in Bath & Body Works and I've got a 16 oz. bottle of Coke in my purse that I hadn't finished from lunch.  Not paying too much attention to it, I bend over to look at some yummy smelling sugar scrubs and BAM!  Coke bottle falls out of my purse, cap first and lands on the top of my foot.  It was about 3/4 of the way full.  I refrained from crying out but within a minute I have a large lump that is quickly turning purple.

Lovely.

So here I sit, back at home, ice pack on my foot.  

This is just ONE of the reasons I don't go to the mall more often...

No comments: