CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 26, 2012

Too Much Editing!!!

So I had entered this writing contest sort of thing about 6 weeks ago and had the opportunity to pitch one of my books to an editor at an e-publisher.  I'm not a huge fan of doing strictly e-books but for the chance to get published with someone other than me, I thought it was worth a shot.

Well, the editor loved my pitch, requested a query, synopsis and first three chapters.  It was all VERY exciting.  I sent in the requested materials and sat back and waited.  And waited.  She told me it would be 2-3 weeks but it was closer to the 6 so I was getting a little twitchy.  

I FINALLY heard from her and I was all giddy and excited because MOST of her response was "Love it!" "Great job" and "Well written".  What's not to like about that?  I'll tell you what, for someone who says they "Love" the story, she wants me to MAJORLY change it.  Not the plot; she likes that.  No, she wants me to go from a multiple person point of view to a single person point of view.  I'm sorry, I have over 60,000 words in this manuscript and all of the scenes are written from MULTIPLE points of view.  How could I possible change that without changing the story or making me want to kill myself???

The life of an author really sucks sometimes.

I'm contemplating whether or not I'm going to do it but my initial reaction is that it's just too much to take on when I don't have a lot of spare time on my hands.  If she liked it and my query/synopsis package didn't raise any red flags (they are my weakness!) then maybe I should be bold and present it to another publisher who actually publishes BOOKS - paperback books.  

Am I being too lazy or stubborn?

No comments: