CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Thieves in the Office...

I think we can all stand up now and confess that we've "borrowed" a pen from work.  Maybe a couple of Post It pads, a notebook, maybe even a stapler.  We've had a strange phenomenon going on in our office lately. 

Someone is stealing mugs.

I kid you not.  Our bosses were gracious enough to stock our kitchen with a lovely complete set of dishes (service for eight) with dinner plates, salad plates, bowls and mugs.  We have real silver wear and tall drinking glasses.  Just last week one of my co-workers was coming around to all of the desks in search of the mugs that go with the set because so many were missing.  This didn't really effect me because I have my own mug (a lovely Disney mug with Mickey, Minnie and Pluto on it). 

Well, today I'm in the office and lo and behold, MY MUG IS GONE!  Now I'm pissed.  I mean, I was slightly offended by the loss of the company mugs but now this is personal.  I mean, who DOES that???  If someone borrowed it and broke it, have the damn decency to own up to it and let me know.  Accidents happen, I get it, but at least let me know!

And as if that wasn't bad enough, we are having a little weight loss competition in the office and I had the money hidden in my desk and someone took $20 out of that!  So now, not only did someone steal my dang Disney mug, but they rifled through my desk and stole money!  I'm not going to lie to you, I'm having a hard time going in to the office tomorrow and dealing with this like a rational person!

How do you confront people about this?  Who do you point the finger at?  We're a small office, I thought we were all close but this sort of behavior is appalling to me.  

So I guess not only is there no perfect church but there is no perfect workplace.

Bummer.

1 comment:

Roo said...

Sounds like you need an office wide email stating what has happened. That way you're not pointing your finger at anyone specific but everyone will know. That really stinks! I hate people like that.