CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Continuing my Writing Education

Okay, so I am well aware of the fact that while I LOVE to write, there are definitely things that I need to learn if I am ever going to get published.  So through one of my writing groups, I signed up for two workshops.

The first one is on writing a synopsis.  It's called "The Synopsis - the Necessary Evil" and the other one is "25 Words from Query to Sales Success".  It's only day two and I feel like I have already learned a lot.  Actually, I wish I had the opportunity to take these classes BEFORE submitting anything anywhere!

So I decided to continue with my education and signed up for two more workshops next month. The first is on designing and teaching classes online (something that I would LOVE to do) and the other teaches everything you need to know about using Microsoft Word to write a novel.  I am particularly psyched for that one.  

Basically, none of these classes are seemingly doing much to help me find a job, but they are certainly helping me with my writing which someday, God willing, will BE my job.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

My husband loves to write too, he has taken some classes and read lots of books. Hopefully one day he will put his talent to use.
Wishing you much success!