CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Girls Night Out

As I've probably said a thousand times before, I am a very social person.  I love to be around people and my friends mean the world to me.

Last night we had a much-needed girls night out.  The great thing about this group of ladies is that we really don't need much to entertain ourselves - and I mean that as a good thing!  We met up, went to dinner at this fabulous little Mongolian Grill place where you go up to the all-you-can-eat-buffet and pick out all of your raw meat, fish and veggies, add whatever kind of sauce/marinade you want and then bring it to the giant grill where they cook it for you and then you take it back to your table.  Such a simple idea and it is just yummy.

After that we walked the mall.  Normally, I hate the mall.  Taking me to the mall usually signifies torture but when I go with the girls, it's fun.  We have certain stores that we always hit and by the end of the night I have some new "smelly" stuff (Bath and Body Works) and a full tummy (dessert/chocolate of some kind) and a new book or magazine (Barnes and Noble).  

Last night after our mall jaunt, we headed over to the new Super Walmart.  Are we fun gals or what?  And I picked up a few things and went to check out.  My total came to $21 and change and I handed the cashier $25.  A twenty and a five.  She examined that five dollar bill for a solid minute, then used the special marker on it and then went to give me my change, then stopped and looked at the five again...took ANOTHER five out of her drawer and compared the two.  So now I'm like "If there's a problem with the bill, I can pay with another..."  and she looks at me and says "I didn't say there was a problem with the bill".

Um...really?  Because your examining it as if there is so if there's NOT a problem with it, give me my damn change and let me get the heck out of here!  She then, with my five AND my change, walks AWAY and goes across the store to have someone else look at the five dollar bill!  I kid you not.  Five minutes later she comes back and without a freakin WORD to me, hands me my change and my bag.

So now, my three friends, who are all in line behind me are all looking at her as if she's crazy and my girl Danette leans in and says to the woman "So what was the problem with the bill?" and the stupid woman says "I never said there was a problem with the bill."

Am I the only one seeing this as strange?  And yet THIS woman has a job and I do not...

4 comments:

Tara Beaulieu said...

LOL, this woman sounds about as brilliant as a bulb that is ready to blow out. Was it one of the newer 5's with pink coloring and stuff on it? She's probably never seen one and didn't think it could possibly be real. What a dolt.

You'd think a giant company like Walmart would educate their cashiers when there are changes to our currency. Sorry you were the recipient of her ignorance. At least you had your girls there to giggle with about it afterwards. :)

Unknown said...

Ah yes, and now you know why I have such a love affair with Walmart - NOT! ;)

Glad you had a good time with the girls though.

Irene said...

At least you kept your cool! I don't know that I would have been able to.

Sounds like a fun girls night out though otherwise!

A.Marie said...

You're nicer than me....I would have gone to Customer Service and asked to speak to a manager. Then I would have demanded that they explain to me the reason behind the intense scrutiny behind that particular $5.00 bill!

Honestly....at least you had your pals there with you....it gave you all something to laugh about! ;)