CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 17, 2011

Medical Drama Monday...

So I have a terrible habit of falling asleep with my contacts in.  I don't know why I do it; these new contacts are just so darn comfortable that I forget that I'm wearing them!  Also, I hate how blind I am without them and my glasses annoy me.

Anyway, I got up yesterday morning and my right eye felt irritated but nothing out of the ordinary.  I got ready for church and left.  Well, 90 minutes later, my eye was actually in pain.  I got home and looked in the mirror and could not believe how red my eye was.  So I peeled my contacts out and had Frank look at my eye and he's like "You need to get that looked at."

Great.  

Just great.

Here it is a Sunday and I go over to the CVS Minute Clinic.  Now, I don't know if any of you have ever used them but I actually love the Minute Clinic.  Very efficient, fairly inexpensive.  So I sign in electronically and when you do that, there is no place to write what you are there for.  I wait for a few minutes and my name gets called and the nurse practitioner has her back to me when I walk in and she starts introducing herself and took one look at me and was like "So what's up with that eye?"

Yes, it looked THAT bad.

So...I have pink eye.  What am I, 6?  I don't know ANY adults who get pink eye.  Just me.  Twice in six months.  How crazy is that??  Now, I cannot wear contacts for 7 days, I'm stuck in my glasses and I don't like it.  

Today I woke up and my eye still hurts, is still irritated and is just generally uncomfortable.  I was hoping for a quick recovery but obviously that is not going to be the case.  

So this is me...with pink eye...eating way too much birthday fettucine and cake.  

Is January over yet??

4 comments:

Ruth said...

This is exactly why I will NOT get contacts! I like my glasses just fine, thank you. ;-) I don't remember ever having it myself but I hear pinkeye feels like you have sand in your eye. I hope you feel better soon!

A.Marie said...

Pinkeye! Ewwww....the thought of that is enough to make me want to go to bed and hide! I have had it only a couple of times in my life, but that was enough!

Hope your eye starts feeling better soon!!!!

Roo said...

I actually had pink eye about a year ago... and I'm older than you!!!! I hope you feel better soon.

Frugal Vicki said...

Hmmm, I guess I should learn through you because I never take my contacts out!
I hope you get better soon!