CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dear Mother Nature:

You know, living in the South for the last 15 years has had me sort of pleased with the weather.  Granted, I could use a little less heat in the summer months but for the most part, I have enjoyed living in this part of the country.  But as I sit here in somewhat normal winter temperatures, I turn on the news and am horrified at how things are going up North.

I have family up in New York and they are getting SLAMMED with this winter weather.  It is unbelievable.  I watch the images on the news every morning and cannot believe the amount of snow there is or the temperature!  If anything like that happened here we would all be dead!  No one here knows how to deal with the snow and ice.  We get stuck at home for DAYS when only a few inches of snow falls.  

Which leads me to ask another question:  Why, oh why, can the meteorologists, the WEATHER MEN, give us an accurate forecast where snow is concerned here in the south?  I mean, when a New York weather man says "Hey, expect 8-10 inches of snow", you know what they get?  8-10 inches of snow!  Here, when there is even a CHANCE of snow, they cannot predict it with any degree of certainty and it puts everyone in a state of panic.  

So please, for my poor family and friends up in New York, could you please stop the snow for a little while?  Just let some of it melt before sending any more their way!  And for me?  Please find us a weather man who can actually tell us with some degree of accuracy how much snow we can expect.

Thank you!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

No they are not better up here (up north) I think yesterday in Boston they had said they were going to get 4 inches and ended up with 14 inches. What a great job being a weather person you can be wrong 80% of the time and still keep your job. I'm in Michigan and we have missed most of the snow.

livintheblues said...

from the Frozen Tundra of the north..comes a hearty Amen...:)