CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Vans, Sunday school and stuff...

Okay, so no sitting in the van Saturday night because we could not pick up the van.  I have to admit, I think I was more upset than Frank.  It's like these people are holding the key to my prison cell and they are not willing to let me out!  I know that is not really the case but that's what it feels like.  So the plan is to pick up the van some time today in the afternoon.  I am hoping that it will be while it is still light out so that he can actually get the fuel pump off and just have to put the new on on on Monday morning.  

I'm having Sunday school issues.  I have to be honest, I have been a Christian for almost 15 years and until this last year, I have NEVER gone to Sunday school.  I go to church, I listen to the sermon, I go to a small group once a week...Sunday school is just not my thing.  This time last year, I had signed up for a Sunday School on the book of "Hebrews".  I was excited about it but the teacher was just awful.  I mean, he was a bit condescending and he apparently was used to teaching seminary students because he used a lot of "As we all know..." or "As I'm sure you've memorized..."  You know what?  I did NOT know and I had NOT memorized and he made me feel like an idiot and so I did not go back to the class after the first two.  

This time around I was excited about the class I signed up for and while the topic is great (Tough Questions), the way the class is run is not.  The teacher breaks us up in to discussion groups to go over his outline.  I know this is going to sound stupid and picky, but I do NOT learn well in a discussion setting.  When there is a lot of noise going on around me, I cannot hear what is being said in my group and I get overly confused and end up hearing bits and pieces of everyone's discussion.  I end up getting frustrated and annoyed and just wanting to leave.  

The main problem is that my entire small group goes to this school and I don't want to be the Sunday school drop out but really, I'm at the point where I'm just going to be seen by them.  So do I stay or should I go??  I just don't know!

I haven't written anything for NaNoWriMo in DAYS!

I had a donut from Dunkin Donuts the other night WITH a chocolate milkshake.  Is that wrong?

I have the best friends in the world.  I had an awesome girls night on Friday night and it was just exactly what I needed.

Hopefully, today will go as planned and by Monday, there will be a working van in my driveway and I will be driving my own car again.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

The seemingly never-ending van saga, huh? Hope it gets settled soon! Can't really relate on the Sunday school thing, my parents are from Europe and had the "ram the local religion down your throats" treatment when they were kids so when we were growing up we didn't have any exposure to religion at all. I'm more into Stuart Wilde, myself.

I know what you mean about NaNoWriMo, I got about three pages (1200 or so words according to my word processing program) done the first day I did it and NOTHING since then! Well, I did do a short freewrite the next day but it wasn't anything related to the story I was doing so I cut and pasted it into a new file and called it a journal entry. I'm actually getting plot ideas and stuff from daydreaming about doing TV interviews for having it published, is that weird? Unfortunately when I try to get things written down they disappear, I guess the point is to keep trying and it'll come out right in the end.

Cool that you got a girls night out, my social life seems to be limited to going out for lunch with my mother on weekends when we do our laundry! Sad, I know.

Hope everything goes well!

Karen said...

I hope you get your van soon. It isn't fair to be dangling it in front of you!

I would not go to that class if it isn't comfortable. Kudos though on giving it another try. Maybe you will find the right fit eventually. I get more out of the church sermon than I ever did from SS.