CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Is it wrong??

Seriously, is it wrong to just want to sleep all day?  It's like I cannot fall asleep before 11:30 which makes me crazy and then when the alarm goes off at 6:15 I am exhausted.  I want a day where I can sleep until...whenever the heck I want!

And you know what?  It is NOT easy to go back to sleep after Michael leaves for school because by that time, I've been up for over an hour.  Then Frank comes back to get ready for work and believe me, he is NOT quiet.  By 9 a.m. the phone will ring at least once and scare me to the point of having a near heart attack and then I will realize that I'm too awake to go back to sleep and want something to eat.  I won't eat, however, because I'm not a fan of breakfast foods so I'll convince myself to wait until lunch.  By 10:30 a.m. I will want to throw up because I am so hungry and then will remember that I forgot to take my thyroid medicine which requires me to wait an hour before eating.  

So by 11:30 I am not feeling the hunger anymore but psychologically I feel like I should eat.  So I will start the hour-long debate of "what do i want for lunch?"  Yes, this debate happens daily because I am one of those people who has to eat something specific, something that I am totally in the mood for and that causes all kinds of grief, anxiety and sometimes crying because there is usually nothing here that I want and so I will have to get in the car and get something. This was a HUGE problem when I had no car.  But that dilemma is over with.  

I'll end up eating somewhere around 1 p.m. and by two, I am sleepy and remembering that I wish I could have slept in earlier and then contemplate a nap.  By the time I argue that with myself, it is too late to nap because Michael will get home at 3:30.  There is the whole getting home from school ritual of talking about his day, discussing homework and whatnot and then before I know it, it's time to start thinking about dinner.

The whole dang day is done and nothing has been accomplished and most of it could have been avoided if I could just sleep the whole dang day away.  Don't you agree?

1 comment:

Lola said...

ehe! I have insomnia and I usually don't go to bed until midnight or later. Last night was 2am! Then I woke up at 5:40am! I had to get the kids up at 6am and I've been up ever since. I will probably involuntarily crash at some point today. Sometimes I just nod off watching tv. The kids think it's hilarious. Me...not so much.