CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 26, 2009

Fantastic, Frantic, Frustrating Friday!

Okay, so right now I really want to be in my jammies and in my new bed, but I had to write first. True dedication, right?

The day was going to be crazy; I already knew that. Nick had to be to work by seven, Michael had field day, Frank wasn't working and I was expecting an aunt, uncle and cousin that I had not seen in over 20 years for lunch!! EEK!!! I was pretty psyched about that last one. BUT I am a procrastinator...meaning they were due here at noon and I really went in to prep mode at 10:30. Plus, I am a food snob (having grown up in the food/deli/catering business) and so wanted everything to be made fresh and yummy.

I stuck with the basics: tuna salad, egg salad, and chicken salad. I make an AWESOME chicken salad! I had fresh rolls, white and whole wheat bread. I made a tortellini salad, put out chips and salsa, cheese and crackers and grapes. I had a wide variety of beverages.

All this for four people.

I'm not well.

I was so nervous to see them again because I don't remember interacting much with them except as a child. Well, I worried for nothing because they were absolutely WONDERFUL! I hated that they had to leave! I already can't wait to see them again! Plus, thanks to them, my house is clean!

I didn't go and swim today because by the time everyone left, I was kind of wiped out from all of the cleaning and prepping and was kind of enjoying just lounging. Luckily, Miss Donna understood and so the boys and I will go and swim tomorrow. Nick came with me yesterday and I beat him in two relays! Score one for the old chick!

Now, on top of all of this, I'm in still in a Jackson 5 funk. I listened to one of their CD's while I cleaned and it just ...well, listening to the Jackson 5 always makes me smile. But I'm sad at the same time. THEN I went on to You Tube and found episodes of the old Jackson Five cartoon!!! I used to LOVE to watch that. Total trip down memory lane and totally worth it.

We had another issue that we learned about today and well, let's just say that I want to encourage ALL of you parents out there that it is OKAY to upset your children! Especially if it means saving their lives!! We have some friends that are just NOT engaging with their troubled child and I am fearing the worst. The situation is out of hand and again, I encourage you to GET INVOLVED!!!

Nick says that since I've become unemployed I'm around too much. I kind of feel like I've been on the go. I am blessed that, while he makes me crazy, he is a good kid. After seeing what our friends are going through, I just give all the glory to God for my boy.

Hug your kids, friends.

1 comment:

A.Marie said...

Loved this post...you sound like me when I have company over...we BOTH are NOT WELL! LOL

I totally agree with you about the Jackson 5 funk...I used to love listening to little MJ sing "rockin robin" and "ABC 123," and then, again, in college, listening to "Beat It, etc." Even now, if I hear his music, it makes me feel young!

Also loved the comment about hug your kids. I also have a friend whose teen daughter is way out of control, and I have discussed this with my teens. Sometimes, to save our children, we have to give them hard truths that are not sugarcoated! :}