CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Disney Diet - Day 59


Okay, so maybe eating the entire box of Hostess Cupcakes was not the way to go. I could be wrong on that one, but I don't think so. I didn't eat the entire box in one sitting, but I did spread it out over 5 days. In all fairness, though, I walked off each and every creamy, chocolatey, cakey bite. The results of this chocolate-induced binge? No weight loss this week. Am I actually surprised? Yes. I never said I was smart.


So here I sit at 8 weeks with a 13-pound weight loss. I should be thrilled. Monday on "Good Morning, America" they did a weight loss story about how people who journal and write down everything they eat (without being on a rigid weight-loss plan) lost an average of 13 pounds in 6 months. So I'm ahead of the curve there BUT I am not where I want to be at this point of the game. I should be 3 pounds further along and I could just kick myself for being so stupid! Damn those chocolate frosted ...cream filled yumminess! To make matters worse, my stomach is an abosolute mess - and not just to look at! I've got some weird pain and bloating (TMI - I know) and it is just killing me! But again, I feel like I did this to myself. Remember my blog a few weeks back where I talked about the bloating and the article I read on how some women cannot digest lo-cal/lo-fat processed food? And remember how I said I was going to avoid it? Well, after fatty-fatterson here got done with her box of Hostess, she loaded up on the processed stuff again and now look where I am? Seriously! Not smart!


But to brag for a moment, I did go out today and get a fabulous pair of pants at Super Target on the clearance rack for only $4.98 AND they were a size 10!!! YEA!!! You know it, baby! I do not see less than a size 12 very often so even with the icky puffiness going on right now, I had some positive results. Could you imagine if I hadn't indulged so stupidly?


So to focus on my still-too-far-away-Disney-trip for a moment, if I can get my act together, I can see how I've learned a valuable lesson. I am now better prepared for all of the walking I will be doing. I am up to 60 minutes and while I most definitely sweat, I don't look quite so much like I'm having cariac arrest anymore. Baby steps, my friends, baby steps. I will now be able to hop, skip and zippidy-do-dah my way through all of the magic.


Think thin, everyone!

No comments: