CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

On line teaching...

I'm breaking in to new territory today and I'm a little bit nervous about it...on line teaching.

Starting today I will be doing a 4-week workshop for young writer's on developing characters for their stories.  I started up a yahoo group by invitation only, we do 3-lessons a week for 4 weeks and the cost is $25.  I figured with the economy the way it is and the cost of gas being so high, the chance to take a class on-line would be beneficial to homeschoolers.  

Then I went and submitted a proposal to a Chapter of Romance Writers of America to teach the workshop to their group!  If they accept, it will be the first time that I will be teaching to adults/peers.  That's pretty exciting, too.

So if you know anyone that might be interested, send them my way.  I mean, I have primarily only taught homeschoolers and in the last few years, only high school aged ones, but I would really like to reach out to adults now and teach to them.  Who knows, this could be an exciting new venture!

1 comment:

Petula said...

That sounds exciting! I can't wait to hear all the details of your experience. :-)