CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Suddenly it's 1987 and all I want to do is point and laugh...

Okay, I'll admit it, sometimes my inner mean girl comes out in full force and today's edition has me being QUITE childish but hey, it happens and I'm dealing with it.

So, about a year ago on Facebook I had someone friend request me.  We knew each other in high school - she had stolen my boyfriend.  My FIRST boyfriend.  I was devastated, she was a year or two younger and a huge slut.  See, mean girl coming out.  So she stole my boyfriend, and tried all-the-damn-time to be my friend so that she could feel better about the whole thing.  

It didn't work.

My favorite pay-back memory was when she tried out for the kickline and I was one of the judges and my friends had my back (including the coach) and we all just GLARED at her during tryouts.  It would have made for a great scene in a John Hughes movie...but I digress.  I was so devastated by this whole event and the flaunting of their new love that it made for a miserable couple of months of my senior year.  And then I met someone and all was well with the world.

Then the best thing happened...slutty girl broke up with my ex graduation night.  Oh, it made for the BEST graduation present to watch him crying at a party we were all at.  I was like "Serves you right, Jerk!" and I was happy.


So back to slutty girl on Facebook...so she friend requests me and I accept because I have matured and moved on (and that is SO obvious by this post, right?) and since that time, I have noticed that she gets dumped a LOT.  Her status' are either "I'm so in love" or "I can't believe he broke up with me" and the mean girl in me just has a field day with it all, all over again.  I have actually laughed out loud a couple of times.

See?  Mean Girl...

3 comments:

Roo said...

I am so there with you Girlfriend! Not so much with the "she stole my boyfriend" but just the "suddenly it's 1978" thing.

I have someone that was my BFF in our freshman and sophomore years of high school. Then I learned what a true liar she was. I finally started asking questions of others and learned things weren't all I thought they were. I finally cut her out of my life.

Fast forward to the 10 year reunion...ran into her there. She didn't speak to me at first. I decided to be the bigger person and made the first approach. We were congenial. Didn't see her again until just before our 30 year reunion and her friend request popped up on FB. I wasn't sure if I should accept, but I did because of the curiosity that was building inside.

We met for dinner one night and of course her life was wonderful. She had a really good guy in her life (divorced twice, one child) and she was happy. Two weeks later at the reunion she was single again and on the prowl.

I've noticed of her, like you did with your "friend" that she goes through a lot of relationships. However, when she's in a new relationship, there always seems to be some new, almost slutty picture on her profile. Makes you wonder doesn't it. I gotta wonder what kind of lies she's propagating these days. Once a liar (of her magnitude), always a liar.

I haven't unfriended her but I don't comment on her posts and I really don't pay a lot of attention. Curiosity won't let me do the unfriend thing. ;) I was jealous of her for a long time, but no more. I waited a long time for the relationship that I'm in right now and I'm happy... truly happy. I don't know that she can say the same.

I don't blame you for the Mean Girl flashback. If she can't handle it at this point than that's her issue not yours.

Lin said...

How do you remember all of this?? I can barely remember the names of the guys I dated in high school?? Hee! Hee!

Grampy said...

Isn't it great when you can get revenge. In a way no one gets hurt of course. Just sitting back and gloating does feel good. Enjoy yourself and go with it.