CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Don't go to the movies if you have PMS...

To do something different today other than sit around the house, we went to the movies as a family.  Michael (in all of his elementary school graduation hooplah!) decided that this was something that he really wanted to do and he'd narrowed his choices down to Kung Fu Panda 2 or Pirates 4.  We went with Kung Fu Panda.

GREAT MOVIE!!

Okay, so we get there, get out tickets, our popcorn and drinks and head in to the assigned theater of the multiplex.  Everyone's comfy, everyone's happy and when exactly did they start showing actual commercials in the dang movie theater??

Anyway, commercials end and previews begin.  Does anyone other than me remember when they did three previews and then let the movie you paid to see begin?  Eight previews later...

Now as you all know, Nick graduated last year and has since moved out of the house.  Michael, my baby, JUST graduated elementary school.  To say I'm having trouble adjusting to all of the growing up around here would be an understatement.  So the very LAST thing I needed (being hormonal on top of it all) was to see coming attractions for...Winnie the Pooh.

Oh...
My...
God...

If you are a mom, you probably know what I am talking about.  I mean, Winnie the Pooh.  Winnie the freakin adorable cuddly little chubby all stuffed with fluff...Winnie the Pooh.  I found myself smiling through the whole dang preview and thought it was just enchanting and then it hit me...

There is not one single person in my family that will go and see that movie with me.

And with good reason, of course, but still...it hurt.  

Then there was the Kung Fu Panda movie itself.  I won't give it all away but let's just say that Po is wondering about where he came from because, well, his father is a goose and he is a panda so clearly, something's up.  As the movie goes on and you learn that history, as a parent, it just made you cry.  

So I leave the theater some two hours later wanting to just squeeze my children and never let them go, turn back time so that one of them would want to go and see a damn movie about a stuffed bear, my eyes were puffy and red from crying and I felt sick from all of the popcorn and M&M's...

It will be a long time before I opt for a movie on a Sunday afternoon, I can tell you that!

2 comments:

Beth said...

i will go see the Winne the Pooh movie with you, Stacey.

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said...

I'll go with you too - I can't wait for it to come out :)