CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Today = Epic Fail

I really should have know late last night that today was going to suck but I had hopes.  High hopes.  

All of which were shot to hell.

As I was crawling in to bed around 11 last night, the phone rang.  It was Frank.  He was jamming with the band and unfortunately, he is in a cluster migraine cycle and one hit him while with the band and he was in a panic.  Now, this is not a new ailment.  He's been dealing with them for close to 35 years.  I am sympathetic to a point.  I cried while I was on the phone with him, not so much because I felt bad for him but because I was not feeling well at all and was crawling in to bed with much pain myself and now I had to handle his, too.  

Woke up at 7 a.m. to the same damn thing and it was downhill all the way after that.  Frank STILL had a headache and I had plans to meet my Disney girls for breakfast.  Now, please keep in mind that I did not wake Frank up, the headache did.  

I just got the blame for waking him up.  

Nastily.

So I got up, showered, dressed, got Michael up and ready, drove him to camp and then went to meet my girls.  It was kind of a depressing get-together for me because up until a week ago, we were ALL going to Disney in September.  Now, I am the only one NOT going.  So I got to sit and listen to their excited comments while I cried on the inside.  

I was quite depressed and having a pity party on the drive home when I called Frank (who should have been at work) and he was still at home.  Sleeping.  Honestly, I thought I was going to lose my mind.  I got home, he was getting ready to leave and he could tell that I was upset and when I told him how his behavior earlier was upsetting and then topped with my sadness about my trip he was just like "So you hate me again?"

Yes.  Yes I do.

Then I go to work.  I have to say, I'm really liking my job.  It's challenging and I still don't know a whole lot but today I was feeling kind of confident and sassy and then...

I was heading in to the boss' office because I had a MAJOR screwup.  

Not a good feeling...

By the time we were done talking, and he was VERY nice and VERY fair, I still felt like a colossal failure and wanted to cry.  There was no way to UNDO what I had done and essentially I cost the company about $500.  

Again...not a good feeling.

So now I leave work (phones were ringing but it was 5:01 and I was so DONE) and I get a text from Verizon stating that we are $60 over due to Nick's minute usage.  We have a family plan w/700 minutes because that is all we can afford and he has used so far this month, like 350 of them himself and our cycle doesn't end for another week.  Now I have to figure out with the Verizon guy what in the world I am going to do because I can barely afford the damn cell phone bill as it is!!

I'm driving and I'm driving and I finally get home and...No Michael.  He is not there.  He's supposed to be there, but he is not.  Now I'm like "Listen, Mr. Verizon man, my young son is M.I.A and I have GOT to go.  Send me the details via e-mail..." and I hung up.  I am outside SCREAMING for Michael, looking for any sign of him and there is none!  I freaked out and then I called Nick.  "WHERE IS YOUR BROTHER???"  

Do you see where this is going?  Nick had him.  He was doing a great big brother thing but no one bothered to let me know of the change of plans.  By this time, I am a quivering mass twitching on the floor.  

So let's recap:  Felt crappy and woke up to a crabby husband whose pain was CLEARLY more important than mine.  Was reminded of my canceled dream trip, had to deal with a STILL crabby husband who should have been long-gone to work, screwed up at work, owe Verizon a kidney, nearly lost a child and then got to end my day with cooking dinner, doing dishes and washing clothes for the people who really don't seem to give a damn.

Am I living the dream or what???

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Time for mama to go out on strike? ;-)

Nick's in his own place (I assume he's working?) so maybe it's time for him to start paying his own phone bill. At the very least he should be paying the overage charges he caused. As far as the trip you're going to be missing, maybe find something to do in its place? There are discount websites you can sign up on (Groupon, BuyWithMe, etc.) that I've seen coupons on for things like manicures and spa treatments and stuff like that.

Hope you're feeling better soon (and hubby too, even though you're mad at him right now!)