CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 20, 2011

On-line class update...

I have to tell you, I am LOVING the on-line class teaching experience.  I mean, I am having a great time creating the lessons and the students have been great!  

I almost had to cancel the class because no one had signed up but suddenly, the morning class was scheduled to begin, I got three students!  It's not much but it was a start.  Since then two more joined so now I have five and it made for a nice supplemental income when things are so tight. 

Basically, they are four-week workshops.  They are $25 each.  I had five for this month's workshop and so far I have three confirmed for next month's.  I still have to get out the reminder for the next one so I am hoping for a few more.  Six would be nice.

I haven't heard back from the RWA chapter on teaching the workshop with them but that would really be a cool thing.  One of my students sent me a link to a writing contest geared to high school writing teachers but because I am a homeschool teacher with no real "school" to associate with, they are unsure if I am eligible.  Kind of sucky considering the fact that I have been teaching writing to homeschoolers for like ten years.  I'm not giving up yet but it doesn't seem good.

Now I am trying to come up with one more workshop idea so that I will have three of them that I can teach in rotation throughout the school year.  The first one was on character development (within a fiction story) and the second one is on dialogue writing.  

Any suggestions??

No comments: