CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 4, 2011

It's gonna be a good week...

I think...

Today, Michael went back to school after almost a month off from school.  Frank went back to work and has a full exterior job that should take him a week to two weeks.  Praise the Lord!!  I had the house to myself ALL DAY!!  It was glorious!!

I scrapbooked another 300 pictures and so that is TWO albums done in two days!  Yeah, me!!  THEN...because really, I'm on a roll, I submitted a query to a publisher!  Yes, I finally did it.  It is a submission challenge that Harlequin is doing and so I jumped on board with only 24 hours to spare!  So say a prayer for me!  

I got a temp job for next week with the local newspaper. I'll be typing and whatnot - seems like general office work but I would LOVE to be on staff with them full-time.  We'll see how that pans out.  

Unemployment rates here in NC have gone down, apparently, and because of that all extended benefits will end on April 14th.  ONE MONTH BEFORE I AM DUE TO RUN OUT!!  Can we all just say "HOLY CRAP"???  I mean, does that mean that no more NEW extended benefits will be allowed after April 14th or does that mean that anyone and everyone getting extended benefits is cut off effective that date?  I cannot find a definitive answer to that anywhere!!  It's killing me!!!  Will the unemployment drama ever end?  I mean, I guess, technically, it will end on the 14th, won't it?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I could help you on the unemployment thing but even though we paid in and in and in forever, they like to screw the honest people. It seems like only those who know how to "work" the system get everything they are entitled to.

Good luck on the publishing contract, that would be so awesome, I will say I knew you when. ;)

WTG on the albums, I don't even want to discuss the millions of rolls of film I never got developed and then got lost in a move when the girls were little. Thankfully we're digital now and I have a few on the blog so they know they exist. ;)

Have the best week- I know I go buggy when I don't have any time alone. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Ruth said...

I'm contemplating signing up on elance.com or something like it myself, haven't found any auditions locally yet (all the websites I've found for local theater companies have either not been updated recently or aren't auditioning for new productions until mid summer/early fall). Office-type work is not my favorite thing in the world but it's better than nothing. I'm also debating making some videos of myself singing and posting them on YouTube. Would be interesting to see what kind of response it would get.

My daughter said the other day I should try out for America's Got Talent. Every time I hear about those kind of shows coming up the audition cycle is already over!

Ruth said...

Then again there's an audition for Simon Cowell's new show The X Factor next week....hmmmm.....wonder how much a bus ticket from Boston to New Jersey is??