CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 21, 2011

How do you read?

A couple of weeks ago I was at the mall with a friend who was looking at a Nook at Barnes and Noble.  I listened to about half of the schpeel that the salesman was giving (just because I was mildly curious) but for the most part, I was browsing around the store.

Do you prefer to hold a book in your hands or an electronic reader?

I am a book girl 100%!  I have downloaded books on to my computer maybe twice and the entire process made me loopy.  I like holding a book in my hands.  I enjoy turning the pages.  I even enjoy folding down the corner of the page to hold my spot.  Scrolling and pointing and clicking and all that does not feel like book reading for me.


Now I understand you can download some books for ninety-nine cents each but you have to pay almost $300 for the e-reader!  By the time this whole thing becomes cost effective, I'm thinking the technology will have moved on and now you will have to spend even MORE money.

So how do you read?  I'm not ready to give up my paper pages yet...

3 comments:

jenn said...

I have an ereader simply because I was sent it to review. I read one book on it back in October or November, and it has been sitting on a shelf since. I am like you, and need to feel a book in my hands. I even love the smell of a new book. Unlike you, I hate bent pages, and am pretty anal about lending out my books to people because of it. I know, it's one of my many, many issues, lol!

Ruth said...

I like books but I don't mind reading from a screen, I actually downloaded Kindle for PC (free!) from amazon.com along with a few of their free e-books. The one thing I do worry about a little with the idea of ereaders is, I read somewhere once there's a theory that too much screen time can be really bad for your eyes--something about the light from the screen wearing out the photoreceptors in your retinas. But I guess that's screen time in general more than ereaders specifically.

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

I think I just like reading from a book better! I have also heard the thing about too much screen time bad for eyes?? Happy Friday All!!! P.S. Our first grandbaby was born yesterday ~ WooHoo!! Her name is Soleil Renee (So-Lay) :))