CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 8, 2011

I'M IN THE TOP FIVE!!!!

OH...MY...GOSH!!!

A couple of weeks ago I found this writers website and decided to join their mailing list.  I don't like to do that too often because sometimes you get WAY to much junk mail.  But I took the chance and BOY OH BOY am I glad I did!

Last week they sent out their monthly newsletter and it mentioned that one of my favorite publishers was hosting an Editor's Pitch Challenge where you get to pitch your manuscript to their editor.  This is HUGE because I am finding that an un-agented, unpublished writer almost never gets to the editor.  The only problem was that it was a Friday and the contest ended on Monday.  I had no time, essentially, to prep, to think, to plan BUT luckily, I had done some on-line workshop with this publisher a couple of months ago and had a two paragraph blurb/pitch filed away.

So...I submitted.  And prayed.  And prayed.  And then prayed some more.  Well, today was the day that the top five were announced and...drumroll please...I AM ONE OF THEM!!!  This NEVER happened to me before and I am a mess right now with joy.  I have jumped, leaped, screeched, screamed and called the few people who knew I was doing this.  I almost gave myself a heart attack.

The next step is the actual PITCH to the editor on the 12th.  THAT is freaking me out.  I am friends on Facebook with several authors who write for this line and I am contemplating writing them and asking for advice.  Is that a good thing??  

I'm just giddy.  What a fabulous way to start the weekend!!!!  YIPPEEEEE!!!!

9 comments:

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! This is so exciting!!!!

Irene said...

Congrats!!! Fingers crossed for you!

Mharms said...

yay! congratulations Stace!

Rachele Bennett said...

Congrats! That is awesome. I would definitely reach out to other authors, they may have some good insight as to what the best approach is. Good Luck!

Grampy said...

Stace make sure the people you contact on facebook are really friends. You could get some bad advice.
I hope it goes well for you on the Twelfth. Just remember you already have a great accomplishment.

Ruth said...

Awesome!!!!! Good luck.

robin said...

Congratulations and good luck with the next phase!

robin said...

Congratulations and good luck with the next phase!

maitrilibellule said...

Stace!!!! I am SO excited for you! I can't wait to hear how it all goes and I KNOW you'll do well. We're all pulling for you honey!

Maitri