CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 7, 2010

NaNoWriMo Update...

I'm not going to lie to you, I started out strong.  Day one, November 1st, I wrote 6200 words.  I was on FIRE. 

It was all down hill after that.

Tuesday hit and I could not think of a single word to put on paper.  Actually, let go back and actually tell you about Monday.  I was psyched.  I was prepared.  I was going to have the house to myself for the most part.

The phone never stopped ringing.  On and on, all the live-long day, the phone kept ringing.  I even took it off the hook at one point but we have two handsets and so for some bizarre reason, the one that I did NOT take off the hook would ring.  And everyone that called was someone that I wanted to talk to and they were all calling with legit reasons to talk.  

Monday was also the first day of Harlequins "So you think you can write" five day challenge so I was getting in on that action to (note to self: waste of time).  By three o'clock I was LIVID.  I had one paragraph - one SHORT paragraph - written and then Frank called.  Poor Frank got all of my frustration vomited on him.  

He wasn't happy about it.

By dinner time, I had finally got in to the groove and could not stop.  It was exhaustion that took me away from the computer some where around ten.  I felt great.  I figured that at that rate, I wouldn't NEED thirty days because I was cranking along, leaving everyone in my dust.

And then Tuesday hit and honestly, I could not form a single though, think of a single word...nothing.  Okay, I'm still ahead of the game, I won't push my luck, I'll start again on Wednesday.  Nothing.  Thursday.  Nothing.  Friday.  Nothing.  Honestly, I did not start writing again until Saturday afternoon BUT...and I amaze myself, I am now up to 15,000 words!  Now here it is Sunday and I've got nothing.  I frustrate the hell out of myself!

Luckily later on today Frank is going out to look at some studio space with the band (I think they're going to cut a demo CD...how cool is that?) and Michael will go out to play and I will be alone.  Until six.  Then Nick and Beckah are going to be here for this big Italian feast of a dinner that I am making.  I started the sauce yesterday with meatballs, sausage, Bragiole in it and I'm making Fusilli with ricotta, garlic bread and a salad.  My brain will be numb from all of the eating for sure after that!

So, to recap, 15,000 words down, 35,000 more to go by November 30th.  I'm off!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Sounds like you burned yourself out the first day and needed a few days to recover. I'd love to do NaNoWriMo myself but I always forget about it until after other people are blogging about their progress. I guess a late start would be better than none at all though, right?

StaceyC4 said...

You should totally do it! Better late than never!!

Jeanie said...

Way to go Stace! I look forward to reading your work!

Blessings,
Jeanie