CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 19, 2010

I didn't completely go off the deep end...

but it was close.

The good news is that the van now has a brand new alternator and battery.  Frank installed them both and the van is running.  But...now there is a squealing sound.

REALLY???

At this point, I don't know what to do with him OR the van.  I'm tired of hearing about it.  As I'm sure most of you are.  But on another note of annoyance...my husband fell asleep on the bed like an hour ago (around 9:30) and he normally stays up until 2 a.m.  Now, I cannot move him or wake him up and cannot get myself in to the bed because he is on top of all the blankets in the MIDDLE of the bed.

Seriously, at any given moment you are either going to be seeing a story about me on the 11:00 news or on America's Most Wanted because I am losing it BIG TIME.

I have a doctor's appointment in the morning with a new practice and when I called them today the "dude" that answered the phone (on speaker phone) was CLEARLY put out by the fact that I wanted an appointment.  If I come to find out that it was the actual DOCTOR with the attitude, it will be my first and LAST visit.

I got to run around and do my own thing today - no errands to mechanics or auto part stores and it felt glorious.  I went to the dry cleaner, the post office, food shopping at two different grocery stores...it was nirvana!  I took a friend out for ice cream and I actually got to drive!  It's the little things really that make me happy.  

I got a call from my sister today that she was worried about our dad.  He lost his business and can't find a job and he is full of despair...much like the rest of the country.  As it turns out, Crazy Nancy decided to put her two cents in and contact my sister to voice her concern.  Really?  Now you're concerned, psycho?  How about giving him back all of the money you stole from him?  That might show that you were really concerned.  I mean, how much longer are we going to have to deal with this messed up, jacked up lunatic before she just goes away?

I called dad.  We talked and you know what?  We're all in the same boat and it sucks.  There is no other way to put it.  His situation is a little worse because he's not talking to my stepbrother and so he has no family there for him for the holidays.  I understand.  There were MANY holidays that I wished I had family come and visit...but none did.  Well, that's not true; my grandma was with me for the first four years we were here and my in-laws always came for Thanksgiving and my sister-in-law and her family came for a lot of Easters.  I can't say that I feel bad for him, but I understand his sadness.  Life is just sucky sometimes.

After my appointment with Dr. Personality, I have to power clean the house because we are celebrating an early Thanksgiving with some friends.  I am looking forward to that.  I LOVE cooking Thanksgiving dinner.  Strange, right?

Anyone have any fun plans for the holiday?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, sounds like a crazy night. I don't usually cook Thanksgiving dinner, hubby does (not really my thing I guess). We are going to have company though - for the second time in eight years or so. We live far away from family so it is generally just us.

Ruth said...

Heading over to the kids' paternal grandparents here, thankfully nothing that involves flying! No radiation exposure/strip search or sexual-assault patdown for me, thanks. I hear ya on NaNoWriMo, haven't got around to doing much on it myself since the first session. It's so annoying, every time I try to do more on my story the ideas I'm having just disappear.