CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Being random on a Thursday...

Life is actually "normal" right now.  Strange, right?  Frank actually has some work, Michael is getting ready to start back to school next week and Nick is...Nick.  No drama, no fighting, it's actually been quiet around here - which is why I haven't had a whole lot to say.   Well, here's what's been going on that is NOT normal...

Clearly I should STOP trying to do anything to maintain my looks because the beauty industry just sucks.  Why?  Okay, first there was the whole Dominican Salon thing.  So I went to another local salon and the first time I went for an eyebrow waxing, it took the girl 20 minutes because she would only wax like 3 hairs at a time.  Not fun.  The second time I went, I got a different girl and she nearly broke my neck with the force she held me down in while she ripped off the wax.  Seriously, I had to use a heating pad when I got home!  So I go BACK there (because clearly I am a glutton for punishment) and wanted to get a haircut.  Three employees, no customers.  One girl is on the phone, the other two are sitting and talking.  One gets up to help me but the other loud mouth just kept shouting questions to me from across the salon in a tone that CLEARLY told me that I was bothering her.  Then she changed the price of the haircut THREE times before I finally walked out!  Crazy bitch.

I have been doing some tutoring lately and the other day the kid's mom was 25 minutes late for picking him up!  Seriously?  She didn't answer her cell phone so now I'm thinking that maybe she was in an accident or something and I had an appointment to get to but I couldn't leave because she wasn't here!  So the kid and I sit and talk.  He has no idea how else to get in touch with her, he doesn't know his dad's work number, I mean...it was crazy.  So she finally shows up, the kid leaves, I leave 3 minutes later to get to the appointment.  I did not yell at this kid, I thought we had a nice conversation.  Well the mom e-mails me later on to first, apologize, but then to go on to tell me that he son told her how UPSET I was!  WTF????  First of all, concerned, not upset and secondly, GET BACK HERE ON FREAKIN" TIME!!!

I finally DID get a haircut - at Great Clips.  Seriously?  Have I sunken so low that I have to resort to Great Clips for a hair cut?  Apparently.  So I go, get the cut and it's okay, I guess.  It's a little bit shorter than what I wanted but I know it will grow fast.  So then I decided that I had had enough of my hair color.  I had gotten fabulous high lights back right before graduation and I've been maintaining them and just doing my roots but the color was just looking a bit blah so I went back to my normal hair color last night - solid, no high lights.

Ick...


I'm not happy with it.  It's dark.  So now, just to re-cap my hair is shorter than I want and darker than I want.  Great.


So there's my drama for this week...the things that make my life what it is.  Crazy...

 

2 comments:

Lola said...

I go to Supercuts, but I'm picky about which stylist cuts my hair. I took my son for a haircut before Homecoming and I was going to get mine cut at the same time, but I didn't like the stylists, so I just had him get a haircut. I went back the next day and did a driveby, my usual girl wasn't there. Went back 2 days later, still not there, but there was a new stylist (young gal with stylish rocker hair) and I'm thinking, yeah, she'll do. And it worked out. I love my cut. Because I get my haircut in a kind of Ellen DeGeneres punkish kind of cut, I tend to feel more comfortable with someone who is younger and rockin' a stylish cut. The older ladies that work there don't seem to "get" my look and they don't get it right.

Petula said...

You always manage to make me laugh. I guess we're in the same boat again 'cause I am so disliking my hair right now. You already know what I'm going to say about the shoddy customer service. I'm glad you left. And, WTH?! with the neck breaking, pain inducing brow treatment? That was so twilight zone. And, yes, you must be a glutton for punishment. LOL ;-)

Have a great weekend.