CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ode to a Beeg...

Did you ever have a friend that you have such a great relationship with but you can't put it in to words because no one would understand what in the world you were talking about? And I don't mean that in that sappy way like "Words cannot describe our friendship" but in the way that your relationship is so silly and ridiculous that most people wouldn't get the humor in it.

I think that everyone should have at least ONE friendship like this. You know how twins sometimes have their own language with one another? Well, think along those lines except it's you and your BFF and when you are rolling on the floor laughing, no one can understand why. That is the kind of relationship Michelle and I have. She asked me today why I never mention her on my blog and I really had to think about it but in all seriousness, it's because we talk every day and laugh to the point of exhaustion at times but it's something that can't be re-created here in writing. If I tried to explain our catch-phrases from movies like "You, Me and Dupree" or "The Pink Panther" and how we've modified them to fit our lives, we'd come off like a couple of idiots. I'm laughing, even as I'm writing.

We go out or try to go out for a girls night once a month and to some outsiders, we might not even like each other - we're a little snarky in our comments at times - but we know what we're doing and it's hysterical! When Michelle had her tonsils out back in February and couldn't talk for several weeks, I just about lost my mind. I'd call her house and make her poor husband talk to me because I was having withdrawals! When one of us goes away on vacation, our husband's have learned to deal with the fact that we're going to call each other. She's learned to not be so obvious in her jealousy over my smokin-hot-highlights and I've come to grips with the fact that her brain is bigger than mine. Puh!

Together, we truly make up one scary brain that can read each other's minds and finish one another's sentences. Next week when I'm on my much needed vacation, I'll be honest with you, I'll be wishing that she were there with me instead of my family. And although she won't admit it, I KNOW that on her next trip, she'll wish I was there with her too, right? Why? Because we just have way too much fun together, we care about each other's feelings and have each other's back's when things are going on around us.

It doesn't matter how old you get, having a BFF makes life a much better place. We don't really refer to ourselves at BFF's, we kind of stole from "You, Me, and Dupree" and coined the phrase "B.G." or Beeg. B.G. stands for "Best Girl" (in the movie it was BM and stood for Best Man).

So here's to you Beeg, now that I know you want me to write about you, I'll be sure to include some of our daily hilarity for all the world to enjoy - and not understand!


No comments: