CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Disney Diet - Day 124: The Finish Line is Within Sight...


Okay, I leave for Disney in one day, nineteen hours and 59 minutes! Woo-hoo! I don't know these actual numbers in my head, I have a neat little countdown clock on my computer. LOVE IT! So, as I mentioned previously, this last month on the diet has been a real struggle. I lost some of my 'umph' for it and therefore, did not lose the weight the way that I wanted to.

I woke up this morning and first took out the tape measure to get my measurements ( I figured if they were good, I'd want to get on the scale). Well, in the last week, I lost 2 3/4 inches total body! Now I want to kick myself because of the time that I wasted being lazy! Since I started this crazy diet some four months ago I have lost 3 1/2 inches in my waist, 3 1/4 inches in my hips, 2 1/2 inches in my bust, 3/4 inches in each arm and 2 3/4 inches in each thigh for a grand-whopping total of 16 1/4 inches total body!!!! If I hadn't been so daggone lazy this last month, I probably could've lost 20 inches! Stupid, stupid, stupid! So now I'm feeling sassy and go and get on the scale. And you know what? I finally broke in to the 140's. I can't even remember the last time that happened! I am at a total weight loss of 22 pounds - three pounds less than my goal but I still feel like I did an amazing job.

Now, here's the kicker...for the first time ever (or at least that we're aware of), I weigh LESS than Frank! He has always been the thinner one in this relationship even though he is so much taller than me and now I weigh 17 pounds less than him! WOO-HOO!!! We're sort of working on a friendly wager for me to get to be 25 pounds less than him. Oh, I'm determined to do it, don't you worry.

I am so excited that I accomplished this. I took out the photo albums of my last two trips with my sister and I almost cried after seeing our first trip. It's not that I was so overweight, but I knew I could've looked way better - and probably could've felt better on the trip. At the beginning of this summer I bought myself a bathing suit that disguised/covered a LOT. Last week I bought one that was your standard tankini and I actally feel good wearing it. Frank even said that it looked better on my than the 'disguise' one! Now THAT made me feel good.

Be prepared for when I get back next week because I will most definitely be posting vacation pictures. I'm just so excited! I'm off to get my eyebrows waxed. The fun never stops here!

*The above is my submission to Scribbit's January Write Away Contest. For more details on this - or if you just want to read a great mom blog - then just go to http://scribbit.blogspot.com/search/label/contests and check it out!*

2 comments:

Scribbit said...

Pretty amazing--I admire the will power. Hope the trip was wonderful.

Daisy said...

congrats on your weight loss and your will power!