CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

So Glad the Week is Coming to an End!

It has been one of those weeks. Seriously. Today is Thursday and I am so, so, SO very happy that my weekend begins tomorrow. I'm sure by the end of the day I will be even more excited about it.

Let's see...why am I feeling this way? Well, let's see...Starting on Sunday, I had forgotten about a birthday party that Michael was invited to. So after church we ran like crazy people to Target to buy a gift, come home, wrap it, eat lunch and run out the door. He had a great time right up until the end and then got in to a fight on the miniature golf course with a classmate over who's turn it was and stormed off the greens. Not a good way to end the party celebrations. I ran a bunch of errands while he was at the party but it's like that day set the tone for the week. I was forever running and not getting anything done on time. Most nights this week, I didn't get dinner on the table until 7:30 or 8:00! That is SO NOT ME!!

Monday found me getting a check thrown in my face (literally) by an obnoxious student with an attitude. Payments for classes were due and I collect them for the teachers and this child walked in and walked passed me and threw the check in my face - without breaking stride or even looking at me! Should the child feel the need to ever do such a thing to me again, others will have to get involved. You'd think the parents would have taught better manners.

Tuesday found me practically slipping in to a coma in the afternoon. I was so tired that I actually picked up the stapler to make a phone call! Now that's tired. So I napped for two hours and then could not sleep at all that night. Sleep is very, very important to me.

Yesterday morning Frank and I had a fight over a chore that he wanted Nick to do. He gave Nick something to do when he got home from classes and I interrupted and changed it a little. That did not go over well. We did not speak all day and went out to dinner last night for a date night and it came up over dinner. There were some tense moments where I ALMOST contemplated skipping my Outback dinner, but darn that bloomin onion, I just couldn't go!! Well, that and the fact that we really did need to clear the air on what happened. Neither one agrees with the other but we have agreed to disagree. Sometimes that's all you can do, you know?

Today I have a parent/teacher conference with Michael's teacher. Those are NEVER fun. Ever. She'll tell me how he misbehaves and then will tell me all of the ways that he is smart and wonderful. I'll leave there not having a clue as to what in the world is going on or how to get him to follow the rules. Trying, trying times.

Add to all of that that we are deep in to the closing of the bookstore process and as we are giving people their consignment back we are finding quite a bit of missing merchandise. Shame on you for stealing from the Christian bookstore! I know I have addressed sticky-fingered teens, but I think I am even more nauseated by the sticky-fingered adults! I mean, what teen would willingly TAKE a biology book? So you know it's the adults. I am just sickened by the whole thing.

I am going to sleep in tomorrow. I am going to sleep with a mask over my eyes so that I do not have to face the sun until I am good and ready. I may just stay in my jammies all the live-long day and eat bon-bons.

Not a good dieting move but hey, sometimes a girl just needs to eat some bon-bons!

No comments: