CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Disney Diet - Day 90


Okay, so I'm cruising along at day 90. Hard to believe I'm still going at it. Although I have to admit, I'm not as gung-ho as I once was. I've been slacking off a bit and with only 5 weeks to go until the trip, it's go time.


I am at a 19 pound weight loss and 14 inches total body lost. Not too shabby, I tell ya. I think life will be a lot easier in the diet realm when Michael goes back to school. For the last two weeks I've slept in more and exercised less. I've snacked a little more - mostly on my dearly beloved coca-cola. Oh, how I love thee! One more week and school will be back in session. I will be alone in the mornings for 30 minutes while my darling hubby drives the boy to school and then I can go on the treadmill or Power 90 and get back down to business. With only 6 pounds more until I reach my goal (and win the diet competition with my friends and the $35 GC to Archivers!), I have to stay on task.


Unfortunately, I am easily distracted. It's like oh, diet, diet, diet, oh look, something shiney! I'm not normal. At all. BUT...tonight I went on to one of my favorite Disney web-sites allearsnet.com and looked over the menus of the places that we will be eating while in the World and I honestly believe that I can go on this trip and not put the weight back on. I had a friend tell me that she lost some weight before going to Disney and then gained it all back while there. I don't get that. I mean, the typical person will walk anywhere from 4-7 miles a DAY!! That is a LOT of walking! You'd have to be walking while carrying a turkey leg in one hand and the giant sized cotton candy in another - all day long! Frank asked if I would use the gym at the hotel while I was there and then he realized, why would you have to do that when you will be walking all day long? See? He gets it.


What will be my favorite walk while in the World? Honestly, it doesn't matter how many time I go there, I still get chills walking under the train station on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom and walking down Main Street U.S.A. I'm a dork, I know, but there's just something about that that always gives me a little thrill. Also, there is a small bridge that you cross from next to the castle in to Adventureland and I always get a little giddy at that point because there is a lot of beautiful scenerly in that part of the park with the Swiss Family tree house and then the Pirates ride. Oh, I'll be skipping down that lane, don't you worry!


So, think thin this week everyone! You know that the last few pounds are always the hardest.

No comments: